Mowrah Butter

myronnie

When i had it, I used it as a prepoo, mix it with conditioners and made a hair butter out of it. It was mah-velous dawlin, mahvelous! Im so mad there are no north american suppliers of murumuru. The place I used to get it from (new directions aromatics) stopped carrying it because many of their customers were complaining it was too natural and they wanted something more refined. They didn't want to refine it, because it was in a basically "virgin" state and had all the properties in tact. Lawd i miss it :cry:
newdirectionaromatics.com is a north american supplier of murumuru butter!

Last edited:

LushLox

Mowrah is my favorite butter. It is cheap, fairly easy to find and it has the best soft-solidity of any butter I have tried. I have tried murumuru and it was just okay. It was too hard and did nothing for my hair (until I mixed it with mowrah, smile) and I never reordered it.

I think it's best to soften it gently before using.

LushLox

Cream Tee, this stuff is insane!! i used it today as a pre poo (warmed it up and mixed it with some avocado oil) and its left my hair sooooooo soft. Shampoo-ed it out with matrix biolage ultra hydrating shamp and DC with aussie 3 min reconstruction (loving the smellsss). My hair feels like heaven......murumuru butter....i salute you!

Awww I'm so pleased for you hun!! I haven't ordered it yet, but I'm going to do it right now goddammit! :D

adw425

I think it's best to soften it gently before using.

Oh, I did...but my hair just didn't care for it, which is fine with me (smile) because it was kind of expensive although I have seen the price come down a couple of dollars over the last two years.

cocomama

I've been trying the mowrah butter the last couple of days and it's awesome! My hair feels super soft:grin::grin: I guess I will keep using the avocado butter to slick my hair down after I washed then put the mowrah butter on my wet/dry ends daily. I love it!!!!!

Auburn

I think mururu is in the joico treatment balm. If mowrah is better, I DEFINITELY need to try it.

Angkin73

I got my Mowrah Butter from the Chemistry Store. I got it very fast. The price was good. I got the unrefined kind. My hair loves it and my skin just sucks it up. Leaves both very soft. The only thing I don't like about it is the smell. Its a tad strong, but I can live with it. Mine was melted when I got it, and after it solidified, it was a very creamy smooth consistancy but it also has little white waxy balls in it. I hate this when I use it in my hair by itself. I don't know what to do to get rid of them.

ETA: I also did not like the huge container the butter came in.

Last edited:

myronnie

Newdirectionsaromatics.com has both murumuru butter AND mowrah butter..lol. that's what i meant to write. oopsies.

LushLox

Yayyy Mowrah and murumuru revisited! :D These butters will definitely be back in my rotation during the winter season! :yep:

redecouvert

What a coincidence! I just ordered some cupuacu and murumuru butter from sheabuttercottage!!
I also like mowrah butter. I've never tried it by itself but there is a hair butter I use from Karess Krafters and it is divine!

txnatural409

What a coincidence! I just ordered some cupuacu and murumuru butter from sheabuttercottage!!
I also like mowrah butter. I've never tried it by itself but there is a hair butter I use from Karess Krafters and it is divine!

You ain't right! :lachen:**Off to Karess Krafters** :cowgirl:

Are you talking about the hemp hairdressing? Have you tried the Herbal Hairdressing from Njoi Creations? Do you mind comparing the two? I have the Herbal Hairdressing and I love it. :lick:

mj11051

OMG i have 2 lbs of this butter and I have some murumuru butter. I got some hemp seed butter also. Recipe time LOL:grin:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I Shoulda' Stayed Up and Outta Here. Especially when I saw:

Cream Tee
La Colocha
MJ &
RedC.

ALL Up in here at the same time!:lachen:

*no.....i will not buy these* at least: not today.:look:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
OMG i have 2 lbs of this butter and I have some murumuru butter. I got some hemp seed butter also. Recipe time LOL:grin:

mj: Where did you purchase your's from?:look:

No....it's Not For Me Either.:ohwell:

See: I have a friend of a friend that would like to know.:look:

mj11051

I bought mowrah butter from new directions.I got my murumuru butter from garden state naturals and hemp seed butter from texas natural supply. I knew it.:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

PJaye

*silently backing out of this thread before I am tempted to purchase yet another product*​