Exotic butters

larry3344

We have all heard of the amazing benefits of mango, cocoa and shea butter but have anyone tried any of the following: Tucuma, Ucuuba, cupuacu, kokum and mowrah butters. I just got my order to day :grin:, and I was wondering if anyone had tried them before and if you have what kind of mixes have you done with them??

mj11051

Tucuma and cupuacu make great hair butter for moisture and Mowrah mixed with watermelon seed oil makes a great moisturizer for the face. I haven't used the others.

adw425

I love mowrah. It is very moisturizing and emollient and it is a butter that is already soft so I don't have to melt it down and add oils to it to soften it. I have also tried coffee, murumuru and cupuaca, but they were nothing special. I wanted them to be, but shea and other less expensive butters were better. They are also pretty hard butters. I actually mixed all three with shea and mowrah butters to make a super butter, but individually they weren't anything special.

Last edited:

adw425

Yeppers...I use the mowrah straight. It is the only one I can use straight as I have to soften the other butters up because they are much harder.

jahzyira

I made a blend of cupuacu butter, emu oil, vatika frosting and pure indian ghee:lick: It leaves my hair so soft, moisturized and silky....