MSM for 3c/4a with fine hair - Can it replace relaxing?

hennagirl

This sounds crazy to me even as I advance the question but I have to ask.

:confused: Do you think it is possible that MSM can replace relaxers for 3c/4a with fine hair?

I ask because I have 3c/4a fine hair and I don't need to relax anymore. I was a "self-relaxer" every 6 to 8 weeks. I have taken approximately 4,000 to 6,000 gms of MSM for three months. In addition I henna weekly which adds weight to my fine hair. As crazy as it sounds, I think the combination has either changed my texture or weighed it down or something.

What do you ladies think???????:think:

Hennagirl,

I dunno if it can replace It. However, I do think you could stretch the relaxer at least 14 weeks give it a try to see what happens. I can stretch to 14 weeks. What brand of MSM are you taking?

Did it make you hair straight? Or did it loosen the curls ?

Now I'm really afraid of MSM, I don't know what to think about it :(

Stretching has never been a problem for me but when I started taking the MSM my hair was so soft and maneable I didn't even think about relaxing again. I think it can help with manageability to the point where u can handle your natural hair with ease.

I get all my supplements from GNC because I have the 20% off Gold card and I can get it locally which allows me to check the expiration date. I get the 1000 mg capsules and take between 4 and 6 a day.

Amylee said:
Did it make you hair straight? Or did it loosen the curls ?

Now I'm really afraid of MSM, I don't know what to think about it :(

It made it very soft and easy to comb so I don't need to relax.

hennagirl said:
It made it very soft and easy to comb so I don't need to relax.

Oh OK :) If you don't feel the need to relax, just stretch as long as you can. Then you'll see.

Ok does it eventually makie it hard to tell where you NG is though? I am no where near my next texlax but I also dont want to have hair that is

---~~~---- bc I missed all the NG. Maybe I am worrying too much too soon.

Back