MSM for hair GROWTH?

soslychic

I've read many raves about msm for improving the smoothness and/or hair texture, but how good is it really for growth? And if your hair took off after taking it, what brand are you using? I think that I've come up with my final list of vitamins, simple but hopefully effective:

*GNC Multi Multi-Gel
*Freeda Biotin Vitamin
*Ultra Hair Thick Shake
*MSM

As you can see, the msm is the only thing that I havn't come up with a brand for yet

phynestone

Does the ultra thick hair shake work well? If so, how does it taste and where can I get it? Does it contain a lot of biotin, flaxseed and msm?

soslychic

If those questions were directed at me, I'm sorry, but I can't answer them. I have actually never tried this shake. This is simply my beginning list of vitamins to try. If it works, great. If not, I'll find something else. I'm sure someone else could answer them and there is a recent thread that answers all of them. Just do a search for the ultra hair thick shake.

Dejuan42

i take optiMsm. I've heard of OptiZinc and it said for better absorbtion so i figured it was the same thing for the msm. My hair feels really soft and its growing really fast. and its stronger my hair hardly breaks from the roots i get a little breakage on the ends. My scalp is less flaky also.

FineChyna

[ QUOTE ]
i take optiMsm. I've heard of OptiZinc and it said for better absorbtion so i figured it was the same thing for the msm. My hair feels really soft and its growing really fast. and its stronger my hair hardly breaks from the roots i get a little breakage on the ends. My scalp is less flaky also.

[/ QUOTE ]

not to put you in the spot light or be rude but how long have you been taking these pills because i was under the impression that you were having trouble either growing your hair or retaining length-or at least that is what i thought you said in another post. unless this vitamin has reversed your problems....? maybe i'm confused but thats great you are having progress. my apologise if i misunderstood

i've been thinking of getting a seperate MSM supplement from my other hair vitamin and these post seem to reinforce the idea that is should

Isis

I'm studying a lot about MSM lately.
It intrigues me that it has so many benefits for the body including hair and skin and especially for hair growth. I too would like to know of a brand that worked for someone successfully to increase hair growth and I want to know how much of an increase there was compared to normal growth.

Dejuan42

i still cant retain length because i dont do nothing with my hair because im still waiting on my sides to grow back. but my hair feels alot softer and thicker than before. I've been taking the same brand of msm for several months but i was only taking 1 capsule(1000mg) but the bottle actually said take atleast 2-4 capsules. So after reading a post on here i upped it to 2000mg which is actually 2500mg with the ultra hair.

pmichael52172

I've never paid any attention to the change in my texture but I have noticeable growth. My stylist and I were in a group meeting and before it started she yelled from across the room, "Patrice! Your hair is really long!!!" I was so embarassed because everyone looked. After the shyness passed, I was so pleased... considering I go to her for nothing but trims now so the growth wasn't by her hands.

Anyway, I am a true fan of Twinlab. I take at least 2/ 2,000mg pills a day. I use to try three but kept forgetting, so now I take one in the a.m. and the other when I get home. This is my 4 bottle over a two year period and I'm convinced that I've gotten more growth this bottle because I've started eating REALLY healthy.

Britt

I just started taking GNC's MSM and I am hoping to see some softer new growth!!!