MSM shampoo does it work the same as internal supplements?

purity28

I was just wondering...a lot of you here use MSM powders or pills internally and have seen significant growth and/or texture changes...does anyone just use MSM shampoo or conditioners and have noticed significant changes in their hair.

Also what exactly is MTG or Boundless Tresses I keep reading about?

HoneyDew

I personally don't think it does. Well, I only used one bottle of MSM shampoo which lasted about 8 shampoos. Nothing extraordinary.

But, MSM, or other internal supplements work better in my opinion. I don't think MSM works like Sulfur does on the scalp.

But, I do recall on review here once about MSM shampoo and the person raved about it. I don't remember who it was and I cannot remember if she was raving about growth acceleration or just the way it made her hair feel.

Sorry I don't have more info.

chellero

Wife Supremacist
I asked this question a few days ago. I've read that MSM isn't absorbed through the skin like sulfur powder is, so I don't think that an MSM conditioner would help with growth. I don't see how it could hurt anything though.
MTG is some sulfur stuff for horses that can be bought at shapleys.com and BT is Boundless Tresses. It's a similar growth aid for humans.

purity28

Thanks...I was just curious the MSM is toxic thread scared me off of trying the internal supplements..but there is a small amount in my GNC UltraNourish Hair vitamins. I'll try them and see if I have any side effects. I did read some are adding the powder to conditioners, etc. I'll see what happens. I did grab a recipe for it posted on a previous thread.