MSM Users, I have a favor to ask...

sweetcocoa

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Allandra said:
BlkMane,

From what I understand, the capsules contain fillers. I read that on the back on the ingredient list. The powder is pure (plain ole msm - nothing else).

[/ QUOTE ]

That is why I always try to find the liquid or powder form of vitamins...no fillers to dissolve first..

brittanynic16

I don't see why the exta ingredients would effect the effectiveness of the pills. I take Puritain's Pride MSM 500mg and the lab says that is the amount of MSM I am taking. Just because there are extra ingredients doesn't mean that there is less of the MSM.

MoezThunder

[ QUOTE ]
brittanynic16 said:
I don't see why the exta ingredients would effect the effectiveness of the pills. I take Puritain's Pride MSM 500mg and the lab says that is the amount of MSM I am taking. Just because there are extra ingredients doesn't mean that there is less of the MSM.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bump

soslychic

[ QUOTE ]
perfectpeace said:
I'm all late with this but my Trimedica Pure MSM powder passed. I get it from PUREMSM.COM.

perfect peace

[/ QUOTE ]

I went on the site and I don't see the brand listed. It seems to only say msm powder or capsule. Is it all trimedica brand or where can I find the particular brand?

Mitre

I am currently taking Blue Mountain Herbs MSM (optimsm) POwder all of it dissolved in water. Before I was taking the same brand as you and I had the same problem.

ChasingBliss

Ok, something aint right. My first brand of msm was the GNC, it was MSM 1000, It did not pass this test, yet favorable changes were made in my hair and health, similar to other msm users. Still, when it ran out, I was discouraged from buying it again cause not only didnt it pass the test BUT another website someone posted here, said that if the msm bottle does not say MSM(OptiMSM) then it's not pure. SO, I went out and got the Vitamin Shoppe brand cause it said OptiMSM which meant it was pure. But now even this doesnt pass the test. I am straight confused, I do know one thing though, changes are being made in my hair. My hair line is growing in faster, my new growth seems different, stronger yet softer, the curl is looser. And NONE of this was happening before this msm. When I can afford to I will probably go for the pure powder, but in the meantime, I see this msm is working so although Im a little confused I'll stick with it.

soulchild

HoneyLemonDrop, stick with the brand you are using. I'm thinking that even though it is not pure, the fillers are not hindering the effects of the MSM too much.

ChasingBliss

[ QUOTE ]
soulchild said:
HoneyLemonDrop, stick with the brand you are using. I'm thinking that even though it is not pure, the fillers are not hindering the effects of the MSM too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I am seeing this more and more.

[ QUOTE ]
soslychic said:
[ QUOTE ]
perfectpeace said:
I'm all late with this but my Trimedica Pure MSM powder passed. I get it from PUREMSM.COM.

perfect peace

[/ QUOTE ]

I went on the site and I don't see the brand listed. It seems to only say msm powder or capsule. Is it all trimedica brand or where can I find the particular brand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooops. Sorry for the misinformation. I think I went to puremsm.com for MSM information only. I looked at my bank statement and realized I ordered the actual product from this website: www.enknatural.com. But this is the actual webpage that describes the product:

Trimedica Pure MSM

You might get a better deal from the Vitaminshoppe.com, which I may order from next time.
perfect peace

queenofmean68

Dang!
I'm so disappointed! I have the GNC 1000mg and it clumped together, floated at the top, and made a nasty film on the top of the water! I thought GNC products were supposed to be top quality. Well, I'm off to the health food store!

Britt

so is it safe to order MSM from pureMSM.com. I am returning my GNC brnad today and I would like to know if this brand is pure, is anyone currently using this brand ?

Isis

Well, I just did the NOW brand test for MSM and the capsule sunk to the bottom and stayed there. So I guess this means this brand is pure.