MT/OCT Users: How long before a relaxer do you stop applying?

soulie

I'm considering doing a touchup in the next couple of weeks. I'm applying MT/OCT daily and I'd like to know how far in advance of a relaxer you have (or would) stop applying your MT and/or OCT.

How soon after do/would you start again?

Thanks!

truthbetold

The last time i relaxed my hair I applied MT up until the day before I relaxed. That was a mistake. The MT really made the relaxer more difficult to wash out. Next time I will wash on my normal wash day and not apply MT for 3-4 days then relax.

I was told a week before your relaxer to stop, and a week after to start.....I didn't do that and started using a growth aid like 2 days after my relaxer....and it's already growing......i know a good thing right, but I'm trying to stretch for 4 months, and if my hair is already growing, then in 4 months, I wont be able to do nothing with my hair, and I will have a lot more shedding.....but it's actually your choice....good luck finding your answer!

trenise

I do an OCT deep conditioning right after my relaxer. If this is wrong, then, ooops. I haven't had any hair loss from this though.