OCT users ONLY

charmtreese

OCT and MT are often linked in the same threads, and it can get confusing to differentiate if the poster is typing about OCT or MT. Since OCT and MT have different ingredients and apparently different directions on usage I felt it necessary to start a thread that addresses the concerns of OCT users. Plus since I just received my OCT this weekend I have a few questions!:look:

1. Do OCT users apply daily to their scalp?
2. Do OCT users mix their OCT with other things (ie oils, butters, other conditioners)
3. Do OCT users DC with OCT and then follow up with a moisturizing conditioner (that's what Im doing today)?
4. Do OCT users apply OCT like any other conditioner? I noticed it's consistency is medium light and not thick like many of my conditioners and it takes quite a bit to saturate my hair.
5. How long does it take to empty your 12 oz bottle.

Thanks Ladies

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Hi :wave: Charmtreese: My answers are 'bolded' in blue below each of your questions.

OCT and MT are often linked in the same threads, and it can get confusing to differentiate if the poster is typing about OCT or MT. Since OCT and MT have different ingredients and apparently different directions on usage I felt it necessary to start a thread that addresses the concerns of OCT users. Plus since I just received my OCT this weekend I have a few questions!:look:

First of All --- Congratulations! :woot:

I apply to my 'scalp' ONLY; not my hair length. Also dab a little oil to your scalp first. OCT is extremely rich in protein and may be too strong for your scalp to adjust to at first.

2. Do OCT users mix their OCT with other things (ie oils, butters, other conditioners)

I have an 'OIL/OCT Mix'. I just added a little Castor Oil (capful) to 4 capfuls of OCT. It 'stretches' the product for me and it's a step-saver for my scalp/oil application.

I've also added other items such as honeyquat (lotion crafters.com) and other oils and used it as a 'quick' con wash / pre poo. Basically I was creating a pre-poo with a OCT boost added to it. I only used this about once a week or at random. It helps with a busy schedule.

But you have to rinse it out within an hour and rinse with a regular conditioner or do a regular shampoo/condition afterwards. I don't recommend leaving that much protein on anyone's hair.

As you begin to see progress, you will get a better feel

I had a better feel on my hair from day one. My pictures below say it all. I love the way my hair feels.

3. Do OCT users DC with OCT and then follow up with a moisturizing conditioner (that's what Im doing today)?

YES! I do. I use the entire OCT system which has the shampoo and conditioner.

However, once a week I deep condition with Alter Ego garlic conditioner OR a mix of Castor Oil and Garlic Powder (not garlic salt).

I cover with a plastic cap for an hour or so and rinse it out. Proceed with application of OCT, rinse out, condition/rinse and air dry.
I no longer use OCT as a leave in; it's too strong for my hair.

The Garlic diminishes excess shedding.

4. Do OCT users apply OCT like any other conditioner? I noticed it's consistency is medium light and not thick like many of my conditioners and it takes quite a bit to saturate my hair.

OCT (The Ovation Cell Therapy) is not like any other conditioner and should not be used as such. It's infused with protein and should only be applied to the scalp and then rinsed out. Don't let the 'delicate' scent fool you... this product has some strength to it. :lol:

That's why the results are so good and fast. It's a very potent product. It's good and gives beautiful results...FAST. But it's very heavy in protein.

I've cut my hair 3 times since February and you'd never know it. It grows my hair back very fast. This product is excellent for those who have damaged hair that needs to be cut away and are fearful of slow hair re-growth. My hair grows back very fast...it's amazing.

My 6 ounce bottle (my first purchase in February) lasted me for 3 months. Your 12 ounce bottle should last you at least until Thanksgiving, depending on your use and if someone in your family gets wind of your progress and starts to use it too. :lol:

Thanks Ladies

Hope my answers have helped you. This is only from my personal experience. I wish you showers of blessings and Happy Healthy Hair Growth. :giveheart:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Thanks sooo much shimmie your post was very helpful!!!! :yep:

You are very welcome.

I need to clarify one of my answers regarding deep conditioning.

I do not DC with the OCT (Ovation Cell Therapy); it's too strong. But I have used the Ovation Conditioner Rinse as a DC. But because it's so expensive (I have the entire Ovation 3 piece system), I use other condtioners for DC's or my Garlic Oil mix.

The OCT (Cell Therapy) is too strong with proteins to use as a DC. I do not recommend that anyone should DC with it. So use another conditioner to DC of your choice. Okay? :yep: I just wanted to clear this up from your questions.

Blessings to you... :giveheart:

Last edited:

SelfStyled

I apply every other day

I mixed mine with a dab of emu oil and a dab of castor oil. I really don't think this is a necessary step, and probably cuts the effectiveness a little.
I do not DC with the cell therapy. I will sometimes add the Ovation creme rinse to my DC concoction.

I use OCT only on my scalp and not on the lengths of my hair.
I ordered the 6 oz system in May and I still have half the bottle left.

Thanks Ladies

Not sure where the OCT users are today.

JustKiya

Maybe they haven't seen the thread? You should post a link to it in the challenge thread, charmtreese..... :yep: