MTG and skin problems

blkbeauty

I know this should probably be in the skin forum, but since it is a "hair product" related question I thought I would post here...

Has anyone experience a rash/breakout from the MTG? I have been using the MTG for about a month now and have had two major breakouts. Although, my breakouts doesn't look like a rash (small fine bumps), I still have medium size black/whiteheads scarcley spreaded over my face..*sighs*

I am not sure of the reason (and I am trying to narrow this one down) but I wanted to see if anyone else have been experiencing a similar reaction.

Well it could be that the base oil is a heavy paraffinic oil (wax) and/or juniper/cade oil that you may be allergic to or is clogging your pores.

Also, the instructions say that you are only supposed to apply it to your scalp 1x/week, and even then, not to let it drip...some people do apply more than once a week, but if you get an adverse reaction, I would cut back and then see.

HTH! HHG!

I got a really bad rash when I first started using it. I didn't follow the directions and it dripped on my skin. The rash was a trail down my neck. now I mix it in the my baby buttercream and apply that way. I sleep in a shower cap to let it penetrate. Haven't had a problem using it that way.

I try not to let it run down my face as much as possible. I try not to use too much that it runs because it breaks me out also.hth

well i believe the directions say to use first like 3 times then 2times then down to 1x/week but it doesnt say over what period of time to start moving it down so who knows

but girl let me tell you my whole neck, back, forehead, and even chest have small red bumps that itch itch itch and it is NOT OKAY
so i have been using it like 1x/week ever since but I dont know how to get these itchy bumps away

anyone have any suggestions?
b/c mine are still all over

Maybe. So far the results are good. My hair feels so soft and I haven't had any breakage since I used it, but my skin has been looking HORRIBLE.

Last month when I first started to break out, I thought I had change my pillowcases, bought a new scarf, changed my diet, drunk lots of water and still to no avail I continued to break out.

How are you applying the MTG?

You say it has given you breakouts on your face? If so, are you applying it with a nozzle bottle or straight from the MTG bottle?

Also, you have to wipe your hairline from a few minutes after you apply it because it does run down the scalp. When I apply mines, I comb my hair back after I apply it, then put a scarf on tying it a little tighter around my edges. I then use a wet paper towel to wipe the excess that runs down the sides of my face and neck.

Try changing the way you apply it so that it doesn't make contact with your face and neck.

Hope this helps.

apply it with you fingers like greasing your scalp, that way it doesn't drip, and make sure you shake the bottle because some of the ingredients settle at the bottom.

im sooo sorry to here about your breakout. i didnt react to it but once when i had a rash the mgt helped it clear up. sorry i know this doesnt help you, have you seen a doctor?

I can't use MTG because I had so many different skin problems. NO matter how careful I was, I had rashes on my body. Especially on my neck and back.

Sorry you had problems with MTG, I tried it and I had the burning itching sensation on my neck about a week after I started using it and it lasted for almost two weeks:mad: I would suggest putting vaseline on the back of your neck before you apply it to your scalp, and use a little if you use a nozzle applicator 'cause a little MTG goes a long way!

Hi EbonyPerez, I had problems with the MTG irritating my neck. I went to the dermatologist and he mentioned that he had been getting a few complaints about the MTG and prescribed Dermatop. It really helped me quickly. I find I cannot mix it with anything else especially on my edges. I don't know if your condition will heal on it own...I didnt take any chances.

ITA with being more careful in how you apply the MTG. I have used Q-tips when applying MTG since I started using it. I put it in a small tupperware container, dip the cotton swab in the MTG and apply it directly to the scalp. That way you don't apply too much and you have control over where it goes. It is also a good idea to wipe your neck and hairline afterwards.

Back