MTG horse conditioner

bri123

Hi Everyone,
I wanted to share with you ladies about this MTG horse conditioner. MTG stands for Mane tail growth. Well I was checking out another forum and a girl raved about this and how she got 1/4" new growth in a couple of weeks. Mind you she was only using it once or twice a week.

Well I ordered the trial size and it smells just like the glovers. You have to shake it up just like the glovers.

I have started using it. I remember I had great growth with using Glovers. I don't like smelling like smoked sausage. I am going to use it daily and condition wash my hair everyday with using this stuff and wash my hair once a week.

bri123

Last edited:

GoingBack

bri123 said:
Hi Everyone,
I wanted to share with you ladies about this MTG horse conditioner. MTG stands for Mane tail growth. Well I was checking out another forum and a girl raved about this and how she got 1/4" new growth in a couple of weeks. Mind you she was only using it once or twice a week.

Well I ordered the trial size and it smells just like the glovers. You have to shake it up just like the glovers.

I have started using it. I remember I had great growth with using Glovers. I don't like smelling like smoked sausage. I am going to use it daily and condition wash my hair everyday with using this stuff and wash my hair once a week.

bri123

From where did you order this? What are the ingredients? How much does it cost? Was the girl black? Did you see pictures of her rapid growth? Sorry for all the questions!!!! :)

bri123

Hi Kitty 18,
No problem! The girl I think is black and the forum was blackhairmedia.com.
I ordered the trial size and it didn't have the ingredients listed on the bottle. I am going to order the bigger size which is 32 oz for $14.95. Shapleys.com From what I read on the other forum the girl said the ingredients are kind of the same ingredients as the Wild growth oil. So I am assuming the ingredients will be on the big bottle. I talk to the company and they are going to email me the ingredients of the MTG. As soon as I get the ingredients I will definately post it. I hope this helps.

bri123

Last edited:

bri123

Here are the ingredients of the MTG:

M-T-G was originally formulated by a barber, Henry E. Shapley in 1938, to
treat his human customers, he was avid horse lover, and soon discovered the
same great results on his horses.

M-T-G is an oil based product with the active ingredient being sulphur.
Other ingredients included would be zinc stearate, juniper oil and a heavy
paraffin oil.

Armyqt

Sulphur is proven to grow hair. This thing probably does work. What does it smell like? Pls update us on your progress :)

bri123

Hi ladies,

Kitty18,
It is a conditioner but it is an oil(I hope that makes sense). I used about 20 drops or so and massaged my scalp last night for about 10 minutes and today washed and deep conditioned and it is so soft. I can't stop touching my hair. I put some more drops directly on my scalp tonight and massaged it in and will continue to do this until this summer.

Armyt,
The smell I don't particularly care for. It smells like smoked sausages and tar. I am masking the smell with Ashanaturals Coco de leche hair lotion which tones down the smell.

I hope I answered everyones questions. I will definately keep everyone up to date on my hair and the growth.

bri123

lillian743

I JUST got that MTG stuff this week, bri123, I saw the same post on black hair media. I've been useing it since wed. My hair was really really dried out before useing it, but after I used it after 10 mins my hair was a lot softer. The only thing I hate about this stuff is its smell. :eek: :cry3:

http://www.no2oil.com/products/index.html

I got the Original M-T-G™, and Natural Elegance™.

TonicaG

TonicaG
I ordered two bottles last week and they came in two days. The company ships UPS. The bottles are a nice size so it should last a while. My sons are trying to grow afros and I didn't want to share mine! They tend to hog my hair products. Besides the smell I think the product is pretty good. The smell is very similar to Glovers Mane but much stronger.

My shedding and breakage has decreased and I strongly feel that my hair has gotten stronger. I don't mind the shedding but the breakage was a concern. I've been using it for six days and I do notice a difference in my hair. It's also much softer too.

I do anticipate a good outcome from this product. I am wearing protective styles (mostly ballet buns) and am surging daily. On their website, one of the testimonials say that the horse it was used on gained 3 inches in less than a month.

We'll see, I'm trying to be an optimist...

bri123

I agree with you TonicaG that it is going to be a good outcome as well. The smell is unbearable but I keep telling myself the smell is worth it. My hair breakage and shedding has decreased also.

Lillian743,
What is Natural Elegance?

Bri123

Armyqt

So how are you guys applying this stuff to your scalps? Also are you washing/rinsing daily? If I tried this stuff, I'd mix it with my oil mixture and add an essential oil to help cut back on the smell. And I swear if one of y'all say you got an 1in in a mnth, I'm so there :D Good luck ladies.

lillian743

Natural Elegance, is a conditioner.

An intensive, therapeutic conditioner for skin, coat, manes and tails that has to be tried to be believed! Designed for horses, our unique formula produces superior softness and shine even when rinsed in cold water. Vital for repairing and preventing coat damage. Dry, coarse, brittle hair becomes soft, supple and silky! Only a small amount of this highly concentrated conditioner is necessary to produce a natural, healthy shine. Dull, lifeless hair coats will rejuvenate instantly! Manes and tails will comb out immediately! One application keeps horses looking show-ready for four or five days.

lillian743

I'm wearing wigs right now.
I first wash my hair, then after useing the conditioner I talked about in my last post, I let my hair air dry, then I use a little MTG. I use it at night, so in the morning, it doesn't smell so weird.. btw, I'm natural.. 5 1/2 -7 inchs..

Armyqt

lillian743 said:
I'm wearing wigs right now.
I first wash my hair, then after useing the conditioner I talked about in my last post, I let my hair air dry, then I use a little MTG. I use it at night, so in the morning, it doesn't smell so weird.. btw, I'm natural.. 5 1/2 -7 inchs..

Thanks Lillian :)

GoingBack

So you guys are using the oil conditioner as a leave in? I thought that you were supposed to rinse it out?

bri123

I use it as a leave in. I use it for about couple of days and then wash it out. I wash my hair every other day. I hope that helps.

Bri123

TonicaG

TonicaG
I used mine like the WildGrowth Hair Oil, every two days and only wash once a week. I don't wash the product out. I went to Sally's and purchased a plastic color bottle with the fine tip nozzle so that way I get the scalp and what's left on my hands, I massage the product in my scalp and it gets on the rest of the hair. I tie it up with a satin/nylon scarf and call it day. By morning the smell isn't as strong but you can tell... To help hide the smell, I'll spray a little oil sheen.

This morning I was sitting at my desk and I noticed a little bristling sensation going on up there. Even now...

I know what nature says about the growth we're "supposed" to get monthly, but I do believe in this product. It is a keeper!!! I've been keeping a diary and taking pictures monthly so we'll see!

carmend

Just to clarify... This product is used on horse's also??... I looked at the website and it looks like it is used by groomers to help grow horses' tail hair? Is that the same thing that u are using?

GoingBack

bri123 said:
I use it as a leave in. I use it for about couple of days and then wash it out. I wash my hair every other day. I hope that helps.

Bri123

Okay, thanks. I was under the impression that you used it like a deep conditioner. Do you guys think that lemon or fruity essential oils like strawberry, etc. will cut the smell?

bri123

Hi Kitty18,
That sounds like a great idea with using essential oils with the MTG to mask the smell. I think I am going to try that as well. I have some peppermint oil.
Let me know how it works out for you.

The MTG isn't a deep conditioner however it is a oil conditioner (I hope that makes sense)

bri123

carmend

Thanks! I went and bought some at the horse store near my job yesterday. It smells pretty bad but thats normally a good sign :D So I will let yall know if I see any results!

bee

Have any of you ladies had an adverse reaction to this product? How long does it take before you see results?

TonicaG

TonicaG
Bee: No, I've not experienced any type of adverse reactions to the product. As far as results, I felt the difference (very soft) in my hair immediately. I also noticed the breakage ceasing and my hair felt much stronger too.

L

LaNecia

kitty18 said:
From where did you order this? What are the ingredients? How much does it cost? Was the girl black? Did you see pictures of her rapid growth? Sorry for all the questions!!!! :)

The ingredients are listed on the bottle (well, the active ones anyway):
Sulfur. Contains parafinic distillates.

Does it smell like Glovers? YES :(

The results you inquire about are for a horse (I didn't see any testimonials anywhere re: results from human use.

Will fruity smells cover it? I SERIOUSLY doubt it!

Retails locally for qt. size for $15.99.

Here's some data from label:

Original M-T-G provides results after just one application. Results include quick relief for skin problems, visible hair growth in 5 days or less and mane/tail growth of up to 3 inches a month!

For Tail Growth:
1. Apply Original M-T-G to tail bone and lightly to length of tail.
Do not rinse or wash out. Wipe off excess Original M-T-G that may have come in contact w/coat.

2. Braid and bag tail (does this sound like the baggie method?!?!) in Shapley's Super Tail Bag for maximum results.

3. Once a week, check tail and reapply Original M-T-G . Does not need to be washed out between applications.

For Maine Growth:
1. Apply Original M-T-G along base of mane and massage in. Do not rinse or wash out. Wipe off excess Original M-T-G that may have gotten on neck under the mane.

2. Once a week, reapply Original M-T-G along base of mane. Does not need to be washed out between applications.

FOR MANE AND TAIL CONDITIONIONG, DETANGLING AND BURR REMOVAL:
1. Apply Original M-T-G through the name or tail and work in well. Leave on overnight and wash out the next day.

For easy and effective removal of Original M-T-G , wash out w/Shapleys HI Shine Shampoo.

CAUTION:

As a normal precaution for first time use, pretest unaffected area for sensitivity. Wash out any prior treatments before applying Original M-T-G. During use, keep animal out of intense sun to prevent sunburn.....Using Original M-T-G more frequently than recommended may result in adverse effect....If irritation occurs, discontinue use, wash out and consult a vet....Practically non toxic if swallowed. Do not induce vomiting. Call your doctor.

Of course my curiosity got the best of me so I had to go check it out in person. In the same isle, they had Mane N Tail Products, the shampoo, conditioner, hoofmaker, the whole line of products.

Hope this information proves useful!!
:)

Last edited by a moderator:

lolacurl

hey yall,
i just ordered this stuff from arcaros.com - both the natural elegance and the original mtg. They were both $8.75 each for the quart sizes!!! Even with shipping, the total for both came to 24.25, which is far less than the 30 bucks i would have spent had i ordered it elsewhere, or even walked into the tack shop near my house. Just thought i'd share...

lola