MTG horse conditioner

carletta

Does anybody think that this stuff is suitable to use on box braids? Does this stuff leave a bad build up? : :confused: I'm having my hair braided I don't want to waist my money. ya know !

Ashee

hottopic said:
Just wanted to let you guys know....I just wrote the company about using this product on human hair. If it was ever tested on humans and if so what were the side effects? I will let you know their reply...
This product is just like Mane 'N Tail...
Both were for horses at first but they were expanded for humans to use!
It's a go on the product. I haven't used it, but I've seen the web site & it's the same thing as MNT...

carletta

carletta said:
Does anybody think that this stuff is suitable to use on box braids? Does this stuff leave a bad build up? : :confused: I'm having my hair braided I don't want to waist my money. ya know !

anybody :confused: ????????????????????????????????

stacy

Okay, I have been convinced! I just went out into the boondocks of Memphis, TN to buy a 32 oz bottle of MTG for $19. One of the guys said I should take a pic of my head in case I go bald! I made an appointment to get a touch-up next Thursday. How will using MTG affect my touch-up? Do I need to do a clarifying shampoo a few days before the touch-up? My stylist uses Affirm Sensitive Scalp (a no-lye formula). What has been your experience? How do you prepare for a touch-up after using MTG?Thanks.

LadyZ

OneShinyface said:
Bumping for updates! I just ordered a trial size bottle for $3.25 from saddleuptack.com. It can't smell any worse than the Jamaican Black Castor Oil that I brought back a couple of years ago.

================

How did you like the Jamaican Black Castor Oil?

LadyZ

stacy said:
Okay, I have been convinced! I just went out into the boondocks of Memphis, TN to buy a 32 oz bottle of MTG for $19. One of the guys said I should take a pic of my head in case I go bald! I made an appointment to get a touch-up next Thursday. How will using MTG affect my touch-up? Do I need to do a clarifying shampoo a few days before the touch-up? My stylist uses Affirm Sensitive Scalp (a no-lye formula). What has been your experience? How do you prepare for a touch-up after using MTG?Thanks.
=================

I would not use it the week of touch up....:perplexed

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
stacy said:

do you know why he'd suggest that you take a picture in case you go bald? it's for horses, so you'll have no legal standing. :)

misscrystal

Nappy and Happy
stacy said:
Okay, I have been convinced! I just went out into the boondocks of Memphis, TN to buy a 32 oz bottle of MTG for $19.

I just found out that they carry this product at the Albertsons right near my school!! I checked the locations in Texas on the Shapley website and it was right there!! As soon as I read that I almost dashed out of my dorm, and then stopped myself cuz I been sitting here in my bra all day!!

I booked it to that Albertsons (after I got dressed :lol: ) and there it was on the shelf--a 32 oz bottle for just 7.99. I can't believe that I've been reading all these posts, jealous of all the great results you ladies have been getting with this product and it's been less than a 60 second drive away the whole time!! Of course, I never had a reason to go into the "Equine" aisle before so that's probably why I didn't know! :lol:

BTW, the smell isn't too bad to me. It kind of smells like mesquite...

LondonDiva

stacy said:

I would make sure that every last trace of it is washed out a good week before a relaxing. I don't know how the sulfur and the relaxer will react and I don't want to find out. I would wash it out 7 days prior and do another wash about 3 days before I'm due to relax. I don't even surge for a week before relaxing.

stacy

Thanks, ladies. So, I guess I will not start MTG'ing now. I'll start after my touch-up, which will really allow me to see the MTG results. I usually only get a 1/4 of an inch per month, so I'm anxious to see what will happen. Curlycrly, the guy that teased me about going bald was just an older man who was shopping in the store at the time. The owner was surprised at first to find out that I was buying MTG for human hair growth, but then was very supportive and wanted to know about my results.
I did wash and braid my daughter's natural 4a hair and put MTG on her scalp.

Dolapo

my bro has sth on his neck and i gave him a few drops to use. he tried to read what was on the bottle but it was an old moisturiser bottle that i had my mixture in. i dont know how to tell him that its for horses. i told him it was for skin problems. i KNOW he will go crazy if i brought out the real MTG bottle to show him. i migth if it clears up that stuff though :D

lthomas1

Hair Power!
CurlyCrly said:
do you know why he'd suggest that you take a picture in case you go bald? it's for horses, so you'll have no legal standing. :)
There is nothing in the product that make you go bald. You should have asked him how many bald horses have he seen lately?

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
CurlyCrly said:

Guys, the product is for human use too. I wouldn't be using this mtg if it wasn't! Any how Curly does have a point. As a businessman he has to say this. :lol:

aqualung

Jumping aboard the bandwagon. I ordered the trial size this morning. So excited to replace the watery Surge with something that will boost growth without further tangling my roots.

hairlover

bri123 said:
Hi Lanelle,

I use the MTG five days a week and haven't had a problem yet. I put it on my scalp and massage it in monday-friday. I wash my hair every other day. Then on the weekends I give my hair a break from the smell. I have about a 1/2" of new growth and have been using it for about a couple of weeks now. I hope that helps.

Bri123
this sounds interesting, i generally wash everyday, but i'll switch to every other day when i start using the MTG. thanks for the info.

czyfaith77

kitty18 said:
So you guys are using the oil conditioner as a leave in? I thought that you were supposed to rinse it out?

On the bottle it states that it is not necessary to rinse out. The are alot of post on this site about MTG. Just put it in the search as MTG and you can read for days (Smile).

czyfaith77

carletta said:

I am using it on my braids. I will let you know. I just started. I do wash my braids very frequently though.

HoneyDew

I use it on my braids,as well. I have gotten braids for years and always have a problem with build up after a few weeks. But, even though I have only used MTG a few times with the 4 week old braids I have in now, I notice LESS build up than usual. I think, since sulfur is generally good for dandruff and other scalp issues, that's why. Really, I am not sure what it is, but I have less itching and less build up than I ever have in my years of braiding. Also, like with czyfaith77 I wash mine pretty often with a stocking cap and CON ultra moist.

benosayi

When I was in high school, I knew someone who used an hair product her horses used and her whole family had thick long hair. When she told me this I just laughed. What I should of done was ask her for some. I don't know if this was the product or not. I am new to the boards. I just order my MTG two days ago. I have issues with thining hair. I would be happy is it thickens my hair.

Ok, I said on another thread that I was heading out in the morning to a couple of tack stores. I checked the Shapley's web site they have a local store locator. So, in my neck of the woods- Phoenix there are about 3-4 stores carrying this stuff. I will phone ahead to cut burning gas. But as for regular pet stores, hmm, I kinda doubt it.
As for the young lady who found it at Albertsons, I was shocked- they only sell groceries over here, and there is no equestrian isle.

And, thinning hair? Will this product help that too? I have that problem on top, crown area. I would love to get that to thicken up. I already tried that rogaine/monoxidil garbage, had terrible reactions to it. It had my scalp itching & oozing pale yellow fluid down my face after just three days of use, and crusty scalp patches. I have never had a reaction to anything like that. It scared the @#$%$^&^^& out of me! It took about two weeks to clear up. I never knew what really happened. My dermotolgist had prescribed it. When I went for a return visit, she said it sounds like a bad reaction- duh, but couldn't tell me what was oozing out of my head.
Ok, yeah that was way too much info. But now I am familiar with bad reactions, and will do a test patch of the MTG first.