My 1 Year Hair Journey. I am BSB Length Yay!!! (Lots of Pics!!!)

Kellum

Your hair is very pretty! I love the dress in that last picture.

Thanks BM :)

Congrats on BSL!! You are giving me hope because I'm tall too!

Thanks, yeah it can be done for us tall chicks too. It just take time and patience. Don't stress, that's what I have learned.

Great progress!! I loved all the pics, esp how your hair looked after you took out the french braid!!!
Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Thanks, I thought it looked big and wild, LOL :grin:

GREAT PROGRESS, KELLUM!
THANKS FOR POSTING ALL OF THE LOVELY PICTURES!!!
SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL!!!

LushLox

Wow when you said lots of pics you really meant lots of pics! It's great though, we all love to look at gorgeous hair! :D

Well done on your progress! :)

sharifeh

Wow! I love your hair! It's looking so nice healthy and full. I totally feel you about the layers, my hair is the same way.

I also think that I may have a similar situation you in terms of trimming. I haven't trimmed in a while and I just got a trim with my last touch up. I feel like not trimming for so long really hindered my progress.

Bnster

Thank you for sharing your progress and regmin as well! Congratulations in reaching BSL and HHJ!

Kellum

You've made wonderful progress! :) You are like me - I take a ton of pics of my hair. Tons.

Thanks, yea I like a lot of pictures :)

Wow! I love your hair! It's looking so nice healthy and full. I totally feel you about the layers, my hair is the same way.
I also think that I may have a similar situation you in terms of trimming. I haven't trimmed in a while and I just got a trim with my last touch up. I feel like not trimming for so long really hindered my progress.

Thanks, the layers are just a pain to grow and catchup with the rest of my hair.

Not trimming/dusting my ends for long periods of time is a big no no for me. In the long run, I lose length rather than retain it. It may work for some, but not for me at all.

Looking great Kellum!!!! You are steadily progressing towards MBL with healthy hair:yep:

Thank you for sharing your progress and regmin as well! Congratulations in reaching BSL and HHJ!

Thanks, and you're welcome :)

Kellum

It means below shoulder blade, that is where your bra is supposed to be. I used that instead of BSL because different bras sit differently. Some folks wear theirs high, I wear mine low. By time I get to my bra, I will be MBL.

Kellum

I forgot to mention about my diet, growth aids, and such.

• When I first started my journey I fooled around with MT for maybe a month. Lets just say that became too much trying to apply that to my scalp daily. Plus it made my head hurt after applying it. I ended up using as a protein dc every week until I ran out. I soon learned that hair is going to grow. Don't stress about it.

• I try and eat pretty healthy. I am not a total health nut. I still have my days when I get ice cream, a chocolate chip muffin, and such. I eat lost of fish including salmon, and tilapia as well as chicken breast, etc... I try to eat my daily servings of veggies which is 5 to 6. I know I don't get that amount daily, but I know I get at least 4 or more almost 5 to 6 days a week.

• I try and drink a lot of water especially now since it is getting hotter outside. I kind of slacked on it when it was colder. I try and drink anywhere between 2 to 3 liters of water a day.

• I take daily supplements and have been pretty consistent with them for the last I would say 7 months or more. Currently I am taking Centrums women's daily multi, 500 mg of Earthrise Spirulina tabs, 1000 mg Natures Bounty Omega 3 and 6 Fish oil, and 5000 mg Biotin. I will say that once I incorporated the Spirulina in, my nails took off. Then when I added the fish oil, it was all over. I have to keep cutting my nails and toe nails. They grow like crazy. They are hard, yet flexible and don't break as easily as before.

• I've been trying to be more active like I was in the past. I go for a brisk walk almost daily. I do 3 miles or more about 45 mins. I try and do my stepper in home, and I have to stop being lazy and do my pilates and fluidity more.

That's about it for me. I'm just trying to take care of myself all over, hair, body, and mind.

Stella B.

Girl...you are on a roll! I'm luving the progress!!!!! Congrats on having a wonderful, and healthy hair journey so far. Keep up the good work!!!!:grin:

Kellum

Great Progress, great regimen.

Wow Kellum!! Congratulations! Your hair looks absolutely fantabulous! Keep up the good work!

P.S. Thanks for all of your advice too!!

Thanks, you are welcome, anytime :)

Girl...you are on a roll! I'm luving the progress!!!!! Congrats on having a wonderful, and healthy hair journey so far. Keep up the good work!!!!:grin:

Wonderful Kellum! Looking good girlie:grin:

Last edited: