bsb/bsl progress =) (pics)

mnemosyne

So a while ago I posted a picture after I haphazardly flat ironed the back of my hair (this was in June):

Since then I've had one relaxer (in august) and a light trim.

I still need to trim more as my ends are looking a little chewed up.

Here are today's pictures.

For reference I was using MT then I kind of stopped for 1.5 months but started up again a week ago. This time I'm using it straight with nothing else, though I still have some mixed with castor oil and SAA that I will alternate with.

I kinda got a little sweaty at the NYC meetup since there were just fans, but this is the closest I get to having straight hair. =)

I expect, after the trim, to be at around the top of this particular bra instead of beneath it.

1) I put my hair under my bra strap cause I didn't feel like holding it:

2) with me holding it down

3) a little bit more of the above photo with the rest blurred out cause you dun need to see that!

After this trim I intend to seriously gun for mbl by the end of next year. I hope to have my next relaxer in February. I only do about 2 a year.

Last edited:

wheezy807

Beautiful progress! i think your hair is much long, seems like your leaning forward. Gorgeous!

mnemosyne

well you know I tend to lean forward cause I don't want to be *that girl* with the head leaning backwards and mis-claiming her length. >_>

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Congratulations!!! :dance7: Now you have to update your siggy :D

winnettag

Very nice! Your ends don't look "chewed up" to me. Good luck with reaching MBL by the end of '09.....I'm sure you'll have no problems.

mnemosyne

Very nice! Your ends don't look "chewed up" to me. Good luck with reaching MBL by the end of '09.....I'm sure you'll have no problems.

Oh you didn't see them when the Dominican stylist was blowing my hair out on Saturday at the buttcrack of dawn. I looked, looked in the mirror... she looked, looked at me looking in the mirror and said "Mami, you know you need to get a trim next time?" Then I was like "yeah... yeah..." :look: I hate scissors.