My 1 YR update, Grazing brastrap

need2accumulate

My fotki will be unlocked for a few days so that you can see how my hair has done on my 1yr anniversary of starting my haircare journey.

I am at the tip top of my brastrap stretched. I will claim brastrap because although the pic looks like its a V, my hair is even in the back pretty much, my sis just straightened a piece so that it was straighter.

In the front I am APL and as you can tell from the 1st pic I was barely past ear length on the sides on the shortest part, and that is the part i stretched.

I have trimmed a total of about 2.5 inches from my hair. I did I chop in September of about 1.5 inches and in May I trimmed about 1 inch. I could be MBL by now!

My new goal is for the front to be where my bicep and tricep meet. I want my bangs to be past my lips (at tip of nose now and i cut them above eyebrow in May). And the back to be at the bottom of brastrap (which is about the same as midback for me give or take).

I am giving myself a target date of November 30th!:ohwell:

Tips and Comments appreciated!

http://public.fotki.com/yasjencon2/

Xavier

Your growth is coming along well. Thanks for sharing. I can only hope to be BSL at one year.

tsturnbu

congratulations! u will defintely meet your nov. goal if u keep doin what u doin. by nove, u should definitely be COMPLETELY bra strap...maybe a few inches past it.

need2accumulate

Excellent progress!!! What did you do to achieve the growth?

for the first 6 months i would co wash about twice a week and put my hair in a bun out of preference. i was lazy about moisturising inbetween that time. i would just leave it in a bun till the next co wash. I think i would relax every 6-8 weeks. no vitamins, no special potions. with a trim, i think that i had approx 4 inches and it grew about 6 before trims.

for the last 6 months i just deep conditioned once a week and wash. i still pull it back. i moisturize more, i try to do morning and night. i blowdry and flatiron on average every 2 weeks. i take vitamins and supplements which have really done more for my skin because my hair still grows about an inch a month no matter what.

i am in the adopt a newbie challenge so i have switched up a lot of products in the last month just to try something new as long as my hair is not being harmed because i feel like something can always be improved and besides the waiting, this journey has not been to consuming for me. so far so good and my big sis is awesome. I want to try to get as close to midback as I can with her insight.

really simple.

Mook's hair

Your hair is looking great.

I wanted to leave you comments inside of the album but you have your guest book and your comments disabled.

If you want to change that but don't know how. PM me and I'll help.