My 10 Year Old Son Is Donating His Hair!!!

krikit96

About 2.5 years ago, I was watching a clip about a little girl named Kryssi, with cancer. My son walked up to me and said, "Mommy, why is that boy wearing a pink shirt?" I explained to him about cancer and chemotherapy ... and he said he wanted to give her his hair.

Sadly, the little girl passed away last year. He still wants to donate, and we will be doing so in the next 2 or 3 weeks - I'm not ready to let go! He's such a good boy, with a sweet heart... I'm gonna miss his big afro and long braids...

Attachments

• 28587.jpeg
    28587.jpeg
    614 KB · Views: 314
  • Screenshot_20160801-095000.png
    Screenshot_20160801-095000.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 299
Last edited:

VictoriousBrownFlower

About 2.5 years ago, I was watching a clip about a little girl named Khryssi, with cancer. My son walked up to me and said, "Mommy, why is that boy wearing a pink shirt?" I explained to him about cancer and chemotherapy ... and he said he wanted to give her his hair.

Sadly, the little girl passed away last year. He still wants to donate, and we will be doing so in the next 2 or 3 weeks - I'm not ready to let go! He's such a good boy, with a sweet heart... I'm gonna miss his big afro and long braids...
Awww... What a caring and loving spirit he has.

krikit96

Thank you so much ladies. I think Saturday after next is the big day. @planters - Reneice will be the one cutting his hair. Sadly, so many of the places I checked out do not really work with afro textured hair. They lose about 50% of it. Reneice is able to save 90% of the hair.

Wow! Look at that glory. Good parenting! Which organization will he be donating to...I'm asking for a cousin:look:

msdeevee

You're blessed with a wonderful, loving child.

His hair is gorgeous but no worries. He obviously has growing hair and you obviously know how to care for it . It will be back down his back in no time.

Good job.

JerriBlank

How awesome is this! He is a gorgeous child, with gorgeous hair, and he is a sweetheart to boot!! Has he cut his hair as yet? His whole little face is gonna look so different!