MY 1st Update ever on LCHF--- PICS!!!

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Oh my goodness! You have a completely different head of hair! Beautiful progress, keep up the great work :up:

acapnleo

congrats pretty lady. I love the pic with the curls

Great progress!

its so silky...and shiny....i like the curls too..i really like how spiral curls or rollersets look on APL or longer hair

Me too...love the curls! :yep:

Ann

Beautiful hair. I love the curls.

Thank you ladies... I do the rollerset curls as my no heat go-to style and its so easy to maintain :yep: I have learned to find a comfortable way to sleep with those foam rods tied down to my head :lol: --- Reduces my morning prep time significantly!

Great progress! Pretty hair!

Your hair looks really good, it's like a new head of hair. Love the color too.

Sent from my Zio using Long Hair Care Forum App

Thank you! I used Silk Elements for the "reddish brown" color and the "dark brown" was a loreal color (from Sally's)... not quite as dark as I'd expected or its fading... I plan to redo the Silk Elements (chocolate brown- I think it is), but I can't find it in Sally's. I will have to order on Sally's online.

Oh my goodness! You have a completely different head of hair! Beautiful progress, keep up the great work :up:

YOu grow girl !!!!. You will be there in no time.[/QUOTE]

Thank you ladies so much!!! :) It is definitely a work in progress :yep:

Myjourney2009 I see you :) I sure hope so... I don't really have an estimated time of when I should be at MBL... but I sure hope its in 2011 :yep:

Last edited:

ezina

Beautiful hair! Your journey has been amazing. Congrats! :clapping:

Question, you said you dyed your hair dark brown around October. What brand did you use and have you noticed any damaging effects? I also want to dye my hair dark brown, but I've pretty much been scared off into not doing so.

acapnleo

Congrats!! Great progress and thickness!!

Beautiful Beautiful Hair Congrats!!!

Absolutely lovely!!! You have made wonderrful progress!!! :congrats:

Gorgeous!!!! Wow great progress, congratulations!!!

Thank you!!! :)

I am seeing so many women that have inspiring hair... I see ya'll all the time :) I am so grateful for all of this support :drunk:

Beautiful hair! Your journey has been amazing. Congrats! :clapping:

Question, you said you dyed your hair dark brown around October. What brand did you use and have you noticed any damaging effects? I also want to dye my hair dark brown, but I've pretty much been scared off into not doing so.

Hi Ezina,
Yes, I dyed my hair in October with L'oreal->

I originally went to Sally's for Silk Elements Coco Brown...
I love Silk Elements hair color kits and have used their reddish brown color a couple of times before (it can be used on natural or relaxed hair). Sally's didn't the Coco Brown it in stock and the lady told me I would have to order online :ohwell: Since I didn't have the patience to wait, I used L'oreal with the lowest developer. I plan to go over the color again with Silk Elements Coco Brown in the near future... hope this info helps... typically going dark is safer than trying to lighten your hair; so you should be fine :yep:

Beautiful progress and LMBO @ HGG!!!

Thank you!! :) :lol::lol::lol: Well, I had to come up with a diagnosis and I didn't have any other clinical term :lachen: Now we may have a new term :lol:
"Girl you know I'm suffering from HGG!! :lol:"

Last edited:

pookaloo83

I have been on this journey since June 2008.. I transitioned, before I knew what that was (and had decided to do so, out of laziness) this last time, I held on for two years, before relaxing in June of this year... Initially, I wanted to be full APL, then I changed to full BSL and now, I really, really, really, want to be MBL
I have developed and diagnosed myself with HAIR GROWTH GREED or HGG

In all seriousness, I do intend for MBL to be my final destination (that is unless, I find that WL will better suit me)
But right now, I find that length may be a little much to manage... This is just how I feel right now... :lachen:

Well, on to the pics...

Here's where I started

JUNE 2008

:nono:

Straightened JUNE 2008 :nono:

AUGUST 2008

NOVEMBER 2009 Airdried texture... Someone had asked me to document my texture...

JUNE 2010 - I RELAXED - even though I liked my hair ^^^

I have since dyed my hair dark brown (October 2010)... Now I have a better phone / camera!!! :yay: :)

These were taken yesterday... I don't know how to add the date to my pics on the Motorola Cliq, so if you know how, please tell me

I am currently stretching. My last relaxer was Sept. 18. I am going to try to make it to Christmas or my BDAY Jan 14th

Thank you for looking... ;)

Girl don't make me hurt you! I thought you were transitioning! :cry: You traitor! :look:

acapnleo

Girl don't make me hurt you! I thought you were transitioning! :cry: You traitor! :look:

Hey Pookie! :)
I was for 2 years... then I relaxed :look::lol: and so far, I am happy... (by the way... I told you when i did it... you must not have been paying me no mind!)
The tangles as a natural for me were becoming destructive... and I don't need counterproductive... right now my goal is growth and retention... :lick::yep:
Be happy for me :drunk:

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
Lovely progress! I like a lot! Beautiful hair and thickness. Before you know it you'll want TBL. I came here wanting APL. Most of us have HGG:lol:

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
we TU around the same time, in DEC. I am thinking of pushing mine IDK yet.

Aren't curl rods the best.

Dont forget to try the hemp oil.

MA2010

You are my boo......lol!!!! Your hair is lovely!

I love the pics and I love your hair color. Great progress girl!