Come Inside & See These Pics!

Sade'

I'm snowed in and bored. I wanted to post these pics to track my length....Pics really do help! I swear my hair was not growing but now I see it really is ladies! :grin:

The first is my new cut back in June 2008 I wanted to get rid of my relaxed ends
The second & third pics are from August 2008 before & after a fresh trim.
The fourth pic is February 2009
The last pic is December 2009
The length in Dec 2009 is where my hair usually makes a turn for the worst. I get shoulder length and remain there and a lot of breakage occurs due to tremendous heat usage and lack of moisture :wallbash:.

Now I am on a mission to retain length.

I have not taken any pics for 2010.

Attachments

• Nu Cut IV.jpg
    Nu Cut IV.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_0046.jpg
    IMG_0046.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0063.jpg
    IMG_0063.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 152
  • Feb 2009.jpg
    Feb 2009.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 179
  • Maxi2Passes.jpg
    Maxi2Passes.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 251

NikkiGirl

How often do you trim? I looks super healthy. I always struggle with deciding how often to trim?

Amerie123

I don't care how much breakage you've had, nor how much you've retained, your hair looks gawjus!!l.. you've made great progress.. glad you know what not to do.

Sade'

How often do you trim? I looks super healthy. I always struggle with deciding how often to trim?
Thank you. Not often at all!! In 2008 I wanted to maintain the cut so I kept getting it cut and/or trimmed every 6-8 weeks. Finally in Feb 2009 I stopped trimming and cutting b/c I wanted it to grow out. I didn't get another trim til Dec 2009 and it was a very small trim at the salon.
I will not be going to the salon for another trim all year if I can help it. I will be dusting at home.

Mai Tai

Miss Nigeria-America
GIRRRL! Your hair is so healthy and bouncy. I love the short and longer hair. You are well on your way to your goal. Just keep doing what you are doing!

TamedTresses

Your hair looks nice and healthy. I am sure that you will be past SL in no time. Do you use regular Castor Oil or JBCO? My sister keeps talking about JBCO, and the PJ in is wanting to try it.

longhairlover

yeah your hair grew in nicely. just stay away from the heat try rollersets and only blowdry the roots or flat iron the roots only. tweak your styling methods and you'll get to the length you want.

Sade'

Your hair looks nice and healthy. I am sure that you will be past SL in no time. Do you use regular Castor Oil or JBCO? My sister keeps talking about JBCO, and the PJ in is wanting to try it.

Thank you! I use regular CVS Brand Castor Oil. This is my first time ever using it. I joined the CO challenge early last week.

caribgirl

:clapping: Awesome progress!!! Taking pics are so encouraging and you are definitely doing so with all of that wonderful retention!

TamedTresses

Thank you! I use regular CVS Brand Castor Oil. This is my first time ever using it. I joined the CO challenge early last week.

Thanks! I will check that out. I use coconut or olive oil, but I want to see if castor oil will be better for my hair.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
You will there! Your hair is gorgeous!! Cut down on the heat. Do protective styles at least 4 days a week. Once you're past shoulder, the growth will take off!!! Congrats!! :blowkiss:

Sade'

You will there! Your hair is gorgeous!! Cut down on the heat. Do protective styles at least 4 days a week. Once you're past shoulder, the growth will take off!!! Congrats!! :blowkiss:
Thank u so much! U ladies are so encouraging!!

Thanks for taking time to view & comment on my pics. :drunk: