My Aveda Shopping Trip!!

So I went to the Aveda store to buy some of the products that have been mentioned on this board...before i left I went on the website to see what would be compatible with my hair.

I walked in the store and i was so excited....i looked liked a prime target ripe for the picking:yep: The sales lady greeted me with some tea, i didn't really want it but i took it anyway, might as well get something for free!

I had my list and as i read off what i wanted she got me a basket and just followed me around putting things in it. She was very helpful....I mentioned that I wanted something to treat itchy scalp and she mentioned that they were redeveloping a product that applies directly to the scalp and that it will be available in 2 weeks. Anyhoo, this is what I bought:

-Brilliant Damage Control
-Damage Remedy Shampoo
-Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment
-Hang Straight
-Brilliant Anti-Humectant Pomade
-Brilliant Emollient Finishing Gloss

My hair is in need of serious help. I suffer from dryness and split ends, middle, etc. I'm not using heat, i moisture...protein...I don't get it. I suspect that no-lye relaxers may be the culprit, when i was in high school and using lye this was not an issue, and i used far more heat then. Hopefully Aveda can help turn things around....that and switching to lye...I may have to say goodbye to PHYTO.:nono:

Can't wait to try AVEDA will report back:grin::spinning::grin:

divinefavor

Your hair will do a complete turn around with the help of Aveda DR. You're going to love what it does for your hair!

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I hope that you enjoy the products!!!!!!!!!!!

Today, I purchased the Anti-Humectant Pomade and I really do like it. It's not too thick and goopy. I tested it on my hair, and it's not bad at all! I'm sure you will like it too!!!

Just a little tip on the Aveda DR Treatment, be careful with it because if it's left on too long, it could cause protein overload. I know it works differently with everyone, but I left it in my hair overnight a couple weeks ago, and it was too much. Next time I will let it set for an hour or less.

I hope that you enjoy the products!!!!!!!!!!!

Today, I purchased the Anti-Humectant Pomade and I really do like it. It's not too thick and goopy. I tested it on my hair, and it's not bad at all! I'm sure you will like it too!!!

Just a little tip on the Aveda DR Treatment, be careful with it because if it's left on too long, it could cause protein overload. I know it works differently with everyone, but I left it in my hair overnight a couple weeks ago, and it was too much. Next time I will let it set for an hour or less.

Thanks for the tip...I have it in right now! I think i'll leave it for 30 minutes hopefully it turns out ok! I loved the shampoo...it's weird but my hair actually felt soft after a shampoo. I can't wait for it to start improving.

Thanks DivineFavor and Mom23 i'm really hoping for this turn around. I'm so excited:grin:

soonergirl

Congrats on your purchase ihope you like all of your new finds... Its funny the dr shampoo makes you hair soft after a shampoo, not that hard, stripped kind of feel..:rolleyes:

Thanks Allandra and Supergirl! I love how my hair feels today...I did my wash and condition last night and it feels so soft and silky....