My battle of the two textures

I_shure_do_wish

I have a question; I have some major issues with my relaxed hair and my new growth. I am currently transitioning and I follow a very basic regimen. Shampoo and deep condition once every week and do a protein treatment at the end of the month. I moisturize and seal twice a day and bun it 100% of the time. I don’t use heat anymore and air dry. Now my issue is the texture of my hair is between a 3b - 4a I have really tight coils and loose ones all over. What is happening is my new growth is wrapping into its natural coil pattern causing my relaxed ends to tangle in little groups. I make sure to de-tangle and pull it into a bun. In a few days me ends become tangled due to the formation of the coils at the root. Causing some major damage I’m almost afraid of combing my hair but I think that’s making the situation worse ironically.

So...

1. Are there any products or techniques I could use to tackle this issue.

2. How do I make the transition between the old products that worked well for my relaxed hair but do absolutely nothing for my roots? :nono: I feel there's a war going on between the two textures its quit frustrating almost feels like there no hope in sight.

nomoweavesfome

hey - I dread the day this happens as I'm only 10 weeks post and I know the worst is ahead of me, but I just ordered some knot today and kinky curly custard and hope when I use it this weekend that my hair responds well to it. I felt the consistency of it and both products smell delicious and have very moisturizing slipping abilities. I hope this is the answer to my getting rid of relaxed hair for goood prayers.

I_shure_do_wish

I wish the best for you! Im just looking around the board to generate my own way I could tackle my issue I cant wait to get rid of this relaxed hair. I think I might just single braid my hair tommarow since I do know how to do them myself. Thanks for sharing =)