How do YOU blend two diff. textures??

lovelymissyoli

This summer I want to wear my hair out more often and increase my washings. I’m considering trying braidouts or possibly a wash & go, however, I still have relaxed ends. How do you ladies blend the two textures, or at least get the relaxed ends to act right (i.e. curl or wave slightly)?? :confused: Any former relaxed, currently relaxed, or transitioning ladies please share what products work the best for you...

-lovelymissyoli

Nanyanika

Haven't really got any suggestions especially as i wear braids most of the time so i don't have to deal with the two textures, btw i was just admiring your beautiful newgrowth.

chocolate01

I wear mostly braidout though i've been bitten by the heatbug the past few weeks. I use either CD healthy hair butter and hair milk or Paul Mitchell sculpting foam and foaming pomade for my braidouts. I do my braidouts on damp hair and roll the ends with these really soft pillows curlers I think they are called. For me doing a braidout on damp hair helps to get more defined waves. I also let my hair dry just hanging down before I braid. I find if I put into a ponytail to dry my relaxed ends really show up. HTH

Last edited:

Tami

Miss Bubblegum
I've been doing twistouts for the last couple of weeks. I am about 10 weeks post relaxer and I wash every other day and retwist.

lovelymissyoli

den1 said:
Haven't really got any suggestions especially as i wear braids most of the time so i don't have to deal with the two textures, btw i was just admiring your beautiful newgrowth.

:p ... thanks den1. I've also wore braids to grow out my hair, however, my hairline can't take them anymore. I see that you're getting some excellent growth! ;)

lovelymissyoli

chocolate01 said:
I wear mostly braidout though i've been bitten by the heatbug the past few weeks. I use either CD healthy hair butter and hair milk or Paul Mitchell sculpting foam and foaming pomade for my braidouts. I do my braidouts on damp hair and roll the ends with these really soft pillows curlers I think they are called. For me doing a braisout on damp hair helps to get more defined waves. I also let my hair dry just hanging down before I braid. I find if I put into a ponytail to dry my relaxed ends really show up. HTH

I've read some good reviews about Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter...but I took one look at the price tag today... WOW... :look:

Does it help you blend the two textures better or is it just a great moistuizer?

chocolate01

Yeah I felt the same way about the price. I only ended up getting the smallest jar and it still hurt to pay that much. The good thing is you don't need a lot of it. I bought them back around Christmas and I still have some left. I think it helps to give me more defined waves which helps to blends the textures better. I have pics in my dec 2004 album of the first braidout I did using her products. I think it was one of the better braidouts that I did, I was so excited.

The page is: www.fotki.com/chocolate01 and the pswd is in my profile

Last edited:

caligirl

I do braidouts using Kenra MC as a leave in. The key to blending the textures is doing a really smooth, tangle-free set...just like rollersetting. I use my K Cutter comb and Denman brush to get each section smooth from root to tip before braiding. And you have to let your hair dry completely.

lovelymissyoli

Thanks ladies for your tips!! I need to get one of these Denmans everyone is raving about! :D I'll make sure to keep all of your tips in mind when I braidout. I just want to make sure everything turns out fine because I would love to wear my hair out more.

@chocolate01: Your password doesn't seem to work....

chocolate01

Sorry about that. I changed the other passwords but forgot about that one, so that still had my old password. But I just fixed it so it should work.