My Best Mini Twist/Twist Out :)) (pics)

keepithealthy

I've been wearing my hair in mini-twists on and off for the past few months. I used to use gel to twist my hair. But I used Shea Moisture Curl Smoothie and Shea Moisture Curl and Style Milk this last time.

Let me say that my hair is sooooo soft and my twist out looks so nice. I don't think I will ever use gel on my twist again and these two Shae Moisture product get thumbs up from me.

Mini Twist
[IMG]http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa447/ChristlikeShine/Minitwist-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Mini Twist Out
[IMG]http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa447/ChristlikeShine/fotki_001.jpg[/IMG]

faithVA

It came out wonderful and it does look very soft.

Are you going to wear it for a second day? If so please let me know how you maintain it and how it comes out the 2nd day.

ChanelNo5

Your hair is lovely! Can you give your twist regimen? Are you twisting on wet or dry hair? Blow dry or air dry?

TIA

NaturalBoss

OMG the twists and the twist out!!!!! Ok, you have inspired me. I think I'm gonna finally let the bun rest and twist my hair this weekend!

Sianna

That twist-out!!! GIRL!!! :drool::drool::drool:

Okay, now off to Google Shea Moisture curl smoothie and Shea moisture curl and style milk!

Got's to git me sum 'o' dat!! :yep:

faithVA

That twist-out!!! GIRL!!! :drool::drool::drool:

Okay, now off to Google Shea Moisture curl smoothie and Shea moisture curl and style milk!

Got's to git me sum 'o' dat!! :yep:

You don't have to google it, there are at least 2 threads on the line. One is Shea Moisture BOGO. And I think the second is just about the Shea Moisture line.

13StepsAhead

WOW they look great! Now if only I can perfect my braid outs I will be in business, maybe I'll try mini twist instead.

ETA: how do you get 2nd, 3rd... day hair? I would just hate to sleep on it just beacsue I know I would mess it up.

Last edited:

africanqueen456

Dang can we get a tutorial.. Your hair looks so beautiful it looks like some auburn jerri curl weave :lachen: I could buy lol... But seriously your hair looks really pretty!!

keepithealthy

Thank you ladies for you nice comments :)

It came out wonderful and it does look very soft.

Are you going to wear it for a second day? If so please let me know how you maintain it and how it comes out the 2nd day.

I normally wear my twist out for 2-4 days but this time I had a new product I wanted to try so I washed it out. Usually I just twist in a few big twists and tie down with a satin scarf and cover with a bonnet. I don't know if this would have worked since I didn't use gel this time. But, my hair had pretty good hold. When I re-twist in about a week or so and take it out I'll let you guys know.

WOW they look great! Now if only I can perfect my braid outs I will be in business, maybe I'll try mini twist instead.

ETA: how do you get 2nd, 3rd... day hair? I would just hate to sleep on it just beacsue I know I would mess it up.

Yeah my braidouts are a MESS!! I'm still trying to work on getting it look at least decent. lol. I maintain as written in above reply.

That twist out is all out perfect!!! keepithealthy How long does it take you to do your mini-twist?

Usually 2-4 hours depending on how focused I am. This took two days because I was doing a bunch of stuff while I was doing them, but it normally doesn't take that long.

keepithealthy

Your hair is lovely! Can you give your twist regimen? Are you twisting on wet or dry hair? Blow dry or air dry?

TIA

I usually wash, dc, use cantu shae butter as my leave in and then air dry in braids. Once my hair is dry I just part and twist away, using the shae moisture creams. I used to twist on wet hair but I get a lot of shrinkage that way. My twists and twist out look better and more stretched on dry hair. I don't really blow dry my hair that much because it makes my hair dry. Oh and to take care of my twist I use Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter cream to moisturize and I seal my ends with a mix of EVOO, EVCO and Castor Oil.

Kneechay

Wow, that looks on point. Can I ask, how long did you wear the mini twists before you unraveled them for the twistout?

keepithealthy

Wow, that looks on point. Can I ask, how long did you wear the mini twists before you unraveled them for the twistout?

I wore them for about 3 weeks. I probably could have went longer because they still looked good but I wanted to wash and DC my hair.

Missjae09

Your twist out is awesome!! I WISH I could wear my twist for weeks.. they look a week old immediately after I'm done! lol