Twists & Mini-Twists: Best Products

curlycrown85

I've been using Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque for my mini-twists and it works wonders. Not only does it keep my hair deeply conditioned, but it holds the twists very well.

I should be satisfied, but the product junkie in me wants to try new products. I see some people who twist with gels.

What do you use?

NewNappy1015

So far the Cantu shea butter moisturizer is great. Im going to try the ecostyler gel next week and compare the two. But I do like the shea butter alot so far

NewNappy1015

natural2008

Please don't mention product Junkie becasue I have bought so much stuff these last two days it is sad. But the onyl way for us to know what works for us we must buy and try all of these products, LOL :0).

faithVA

I wear my twists for a week so I need something with some staying power. And I like to wear a twist out at the end so it has to have hold but also not be drying.

The best Kinky Curly Curling Custard with water/glycerine applied to hair first.
Taliah Waajid's lock it up - has nice hold and not drying.
ORS Pudding - its a little wet but its not drying.
CD Loc Butter - some hold, keeps it soft but greasy

I have eco styler gel but haven't used if for twist but I have a feeling I won't repurchase.
I have Murrays Loc and Lock which I think is too firm. Great hold but feels sort of dry.

Waiting to try Garnier Fructic Pure and Clear Gel. -- Maybe in August.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
I like to twist with Oyin's Whipped Pudding or Qhemet Biologics Amla & Olive Heavy Cream. :love:

I air dry using one of those creams; when my hair is dry, I twist.

growingbrown

OP I was just about to post this same question. I am in mini twist. I have been using Qhemet AHTB. I love the way my hair feels when I I list this on my hair. I am looking for a product that will last two weeks! Or how do you make your mini twist last for two weeks????

Sent from my PG06100 using PG06100

BrooklynSouth

My smaller twists hold well, have great shine when I use Miss Jessie's Buttercream{only benefit of MJ's for me} beneath ORS pudding. Homemade flax gel is also nourishing and a great hold.

gigi2011

I've tried the Keracare samples of the twist & define cream over the buttercream and I got smooth, silky, shiney, soft twist, loved it!! These are the products I'm going to purchase in the future after I use up my Afroveda butters.

darlingdiva

I twist with hair creams and pomades.

Hair cream: Jane Carter Solution Hair Nourishing Cream; Curl Prep's Sweet Buttah

Pomade: Oyin Handmade Burnt Sugar Pomade; Hairveda's Almond Glaze; Opal Hue Honey Love Pomade

Other: Barry Fletcher's Twist Like This Herbal Putty

fatimablush

do you have to refrigerate the flax seed gel.

i keep hearing about this gel and the hold. i am dying to make it..

i use Jane Carter Nourish and Shine..this seems to work the best.

Transformer

I've tried the Keracare samples of the twist & define cream over the buttercream and I got smooth, silky, shiney, soft twist, loved it!! These are the products I'm going to purchase in the future after I use up my Afroveda butters.

Same here. I'm going to hate if they discontinue this line.

bronzebomb

Mozeke's Babassu Twisting Cream
AfroVeda's Curl Define
Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue (gives a more finished look, do not apply heavy)

s4pphir3

I use unrefined raw shea butter for my mini twists & they last up to 4 weeks which is a big deal since these suckers like to unravel from the ends & the roots :mad:

ladykpnyc

Blended Beauty's Happy Nappy Styles...it makes my twists sooo soft and bouncy! I don't have to moisturize for days! I've been using it for a year and have yet to replace it...and that's saying b/c I'm an unrepentant PJ :giggle: