My Big Fro and Length Check (pics included)

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
:nono: One person should not have all that gorgeous hair to themselves. I'm drinking my haterade. :guiness::lachen:Whoa, mama!

NikkiGirl

Wow!! Just beautiful. Your hair is already waist length and looks really close to full. I love it. When I see pics like yours I am like keep plugging along Nikki. This really is encouragement. Thanks for posting.

SunKissedBrown

Flat ironed piece of hair for length check

The fro

OMG! Your hair is stunning!! This is officially my hair inspiration :)

nappystorm

Goodness!!! I just had an unexpected hair-gasm!!! :blush::drool::notworthy:shocked::eek:ver18:

Girl, you better put a warning label on next time.

Ms Lala

Thanks ladies I did not expect all this responses. I am blushing!
I didn't realize that the "Length check and fro contest" album was hidden. I just opened it on fotki.

from the looks of the straightened pic, I'd say you ARE waist length

I think my hair always looks shorter to me than it is. I don't think the sides are there yet because my hair grows in a u.

:drool:
Inspiring.

How long were u stuck at MBL?
I feel stuck now. :sad:

Oh, and what's your current reggie? (of course! lol)

I was stuck at BSL for a couple years. Then I grew it to MBL a couple times and kept having to cut it because of raggedy ends. I cut it back to BSL sometime last year because of my ends. I don't have a set reggie but I kept it simple to get over the hump.
1) I used no heat and cut all of the hair color out of my hair (this was the first time in a year I used heat), the combo of heat and color jacked up my ends
2) I keep my hair stretched. I wear twists or twist outs 90% of the time.
3) I shampoo every 2 weeks and rinse in between as needed. I use diluted shampoo
4) I do what I call a DC and leave in. I apply my conditioner, put on a cap, leave the cap on for about an hour. I remove the cap but I leave the condish in. I only rinse if there is excess (like if my hair looks really white from the conditioner).
5) I use a protein conditioner and porosity control treatments as needed ( I never leave these in I follow the directions on these for the most part)

My products are in my fotki. This is really all I do. This is pretty much what I do but I change it up if my hair needs something different.

Gorgeous hair!!!

I did not see a "length check and fro contest" album on fotki but your other photo prove (in pictures) that I really must start protective styling if I want to retain length.

Thanks so much for pointing this out! I feel silly. The album was marked as hidden.

Ms Lala

KA BAMMM!!!

That's tha stufff.

Rock it girl. Do you wear your fro? I know you stop traffic. I know this.

On weekends I do. I don't wear my hair loose to often. I don't wear it to work like that either because I work with kids and they get distracted by my hair when I wear it big:blush:. I may wear it loose more this year. We'll see

BEAUTIFUL!!! I want your fro! Dang, I don't want to wait 10 yrs for mine to look like that.

OP, did it take 10 years to achieve the look of your fro?

Please don't be discouraged. This is not 10 years worth of growth. Whatever hair I had 10 years ago is surely gone by now :lachen:. I have cut my hair several times since I first stopped relaxing. If you go to my fotki you will see that I didn't start growing my hair out until 2005. I colored my hair that year and it really damaged my hair along with the heat I was using. What you see is probably around 5 years worth of growth maybe a little more. I cut all of the color out of my hair over the course of the last 5 years.

Urban

Your hair is BEAUTIFUL!!

But if that isn't waist length, i really dnt knw what is. I'd say you're on your way to hip length!

Lynnerie

:drool::drool:
Your hair is everything I hope mine will be one day. I was just feeling so discouraged today but your pics have encouraged me to keep pressing on.

Thank you