My experience at Sandra Webb Salon London

dender

I don't normally post on here but this experience was too much not to share. I am a natural and I went to Sandra Webb salon (London) thinking my hair was gonna be put through the best experience of its life. My hair is layered shoulder lengthish when kinky.

This salon provided me with the worst hair experience of my life. Firstly the stylist combed my hair dry, like really thoroughly. Then my hair was shampooed twice and conditioned and combed again. By the time they were done my usually slightly curly 4a/b hair was just a shrunken tangled mess. Oh and the amount of hair I lost, you should have seen it, enough for a handfull.

Ok so then it was blown out with virtually no product in it. At the end, I waited for them to style it, only to be told "I don't style natural hair" I had to moisturize it and style it myself. An award winning "afro" salon that doesn't do "afro" hair, why am I not surprised. don't even get me started on the "cut" I now have a small patch of my hair in the middle back which is too short to braid my hair into the usual 8 sections.

I am so fed up, I cried twice, my hair is going straight into kinky twists in a couple of weeks till this mess grows out.

OrangeMoon

:sad::needhug:I sorry this happened to you. I want to :catfight:the salon owner and anyone else associated with that salon. How can be an afro salon but, not style natural hair. :perplexed

LushLox

How awful. :nono: I'm so sorry to hear about your experience :bighug:

Why on earth did they start your hair if they were unable to finish it? :confused: I hope you didn't pay them for that mess?

You'll be back before you know it! :yep:

ilah

That's just wrong. I'm so sorry that happended to you love. Honestly they need to be reported and blasted for something like that. Unacceptable. Hope your hair recovers sooner rather than later.

Huggz!

dender

Oh thank you guys, I should have been more inquisitive before they started, asking them exactly what they were going to do with it and whatnot. Its most frustrating because when i booked the appointment they specifically told me that they do natural hair. I did pay, I didn't the confidence to say I wasn't.

I think I've learnt my lesson now, if you get suspicious about what a stylist is doing to your hair, don't wait it out, run away.

SND411

A True Soldier Never Dies
Oh thank you guys, I should have been more inquisitive before they started, asking them exactly what they were going to do with it and whatnot. Its most frustrating because when i booked the appointment they specifically told me that they do natural hair. I did pay, I didn't the confidence to say I wasn't.

I think I've learnt my lesson now, if you get suspicious about what a stylist is doing to your hair, don't wait it out, run away.

They always say this! It's a shame how some buisnesses are only about making a quick buck over actual quality.

This is a reason I have become a DIY.

Austro-Afrikana

I don't normally post on here but this experience was too much not to share. I am a natural and I went to Sandra Webb salon (London) thinking my hair was gonna be put through the best experience of its life. My hair is layered shoulder lengthish when kinky.

This salon provided me with the worst hair experience of my life. Firstly the stylist combed my hair dry, like really thoroughly. Then my hair was shampooed twice and conditioned and combed again. By the time they were done my usually slightly curly 4a/b hair was just a shrunken tangled mess. Oh and the amount of hair I lost, you should have seen it, enough for a handfull.

Ok so then it was blown out with virtually no product in it. At the end, I waited for them to style it, only to be told "I don't style natural hair" I had to moisturize it and style it myself. An award winning "afro" salon that doesn't do "afro" hair, why am I not surprised. don't even get me started on the "cut" I now have a small patch of my hair in the middle back which is too short to braid my hair into the usual 8 sections.

I am so fed up, I cried twice, my hair is going straight into kinky twists in a couple of weeks till this mess grows out.

Why the hell didn't they just tell you that before they started doing your hair? I would have thought these award winning salons would be good, I was thinking of going to hype coiffure for a trim as I thought they would be a no nonsense salon that just does as you ask but now I'm not so sure...

Opey

Sorry to hear about your experience, next time maybe try SUAVE in croydon or HYPE in brixtion if they are close to you, they get really good reviews and are multi award winning salons.

& i think they ment 'afro' as in black.

Mizz Diamonds

I am so sorry this happened to you, you need to stand up to these stylist and let them know what you want and how you want it or you will take your money elsewhere.

I am so glad that I DIY because knowing me I would have caused a scene to prove a point.

@Opey
I also think they mean Afro as in Black too.

Katherina

:bighug:

I just googled Sandra Webb Salon London, and your review is the fourth website listed. Now that you've shared, people can click on this link and see what the real deal is!

dender

thanks for the kind words, I'm still on a mission to find a good kinky hair stylist in London, I think I will give suave in Croydon a go although its gonna take me about a year to build up the spirit to go again.

Gosh its no wonder us black women have so many hair frustrations, if I wasn't a member of LHCF I would probably have called it a day on my natural hair and weaved it up by now.

HappilyLiberal

:sad::needhug:I sorry this happened to you. I want to :catfight:the salon owner and anyone else associated with that salon. How can be an afro salon but, not style natural hair. :perplexed

I don't have a problem with them not styling natural hair.

I have a MAJOR problem with them starting her hair and taking her money when the KNEW they didn't style natural hair!

:hardslap: :boxing: :brucelee: :bat:

Bublin

I was hoping your post was going to be a rave review.

Soooo sorry this happened to you. Its so hard to find a good salon especially for natural hair in London, probably the whole of the UK.

I agree when they say afro they actually mean relaxed hair. You have to find a salon that say they do Natural Hair. This is hard as the popular ones like Morris Roots only do Loc's.

I have found a salon in Beckenham, Plush Hair and Beauty Lounge http://www.plushhairandbeautylounge.com/
I have been personally recommended this salon by people whom have great natural hair but not found the time to book an appointment. Maybe give them a call and make sure to have a consultation first.

Last edited:

ajoke

@Bublin are you still natural? Did you ever visit this salon? I will be going to let nd on at the end of the month and would like to visit a natural hair salon if possible.