My First Bantu Knot Out! Pix!

Melody.Monroe

So Sunday night I did my first Bantu Knot Out EVER! I washed my hair with Aussie Moist Shampoo and conditioned with the respective condition. (Sectioned my hair in four sections and washed and conditioned one by one and did a total rinse again at the end. I detangled with the Tangle Teaser - which I LOVE) Pat dried my hair. Then I mixed 8 pumps (I have the GIANT bottle) of Aussie Moist Conditioner and about 2 ounces of Aussie Leave In Condition in a spray bottle. I squirter the mixture on each section of the hair that was to be ONE knot. Then I knotted. So all in all I had 24 knots total. Each of the four sections had 6 knots. I only separated each knot by two when I took it down because I was not able to try them fully which caused me frizz the day after BUT next time I am going to separate them into three and four from one knot. Because next time I will let them fully dry. I am keeping them in until FRIDAY..my 25th BIRTHDAY! And PICTURESSSSSS!!

Attachments

• BantuKnotOut.pdf
    287.8 KB · Views: 414
Last edited:
This is so pretty! I'm gonna try it when I take my conrows down in 4 weeks.

Silly question: How do you make the knot? Do you twist your hair first?

I got a little scared opening a pdf lol, but it looks really good! Nice and shiny and moisturized.

This is so pretty! I'm gonna try it when I take my conrows down in 4 weeks.

Silly question: How do you make the knot? Do you twist your hair first?

Right. I take the hair and twirl it around my finger until it gets tight (not painful) at the scalp then my hair automatically will try to form a knot then you wrap the hair tightly in a knot until there's no hair left. Mine stayed without any bobby pins or anything. It actually didn't take long at all. To take them down you just twist the knot in the opposite direction and the curl falls down...then you separate. HTH!

Last edited:
That came out so nice! I have got to try it. How are you putting your hair up at night?

I have been putting it in a satin bonnet...nothing special. Then in the morning I literally shake my head like a crazy woman to fluff them back out. And VOILA curls are back. LOL! But It is Thursday now and frizz is a mess! But it still actually looks cute...hard to explain...HTH!

Last edited:
Back