my first hair recipe..i'm so excited.

Freespirit02

i'm new to this whole hair thing..especially mixing up my own recipes. So I need you guys to review it for me..to see if it sounds good. Also, I don't know if should use it as a sealant, conditioner..or all by it's self. So here we go:grin::grin::grin:

Castor oil, shea butter, aloe vera juice, coconut oil,olive oil and a few drop WGO.

so what do you all think??

Neith

I think it'd make a wonderful pre poo :)

If there's not very much aloe vera juice, you can seal with it I guess.

I like to seal with a coconut and castor oil mix.

tricie

I think it sounds delicious! :lick: You could use it to pre-poo or seal. I use every one of those products and love them! :)

Last edited:

Bettina

I think that sound very yummy for a pre-shampoo treatment and also for a twist out. :) Let us know how it works out. :)

Neith

Can I ask a dumb question? What is WGO?

Wild Growth Oil

Affordable

^Link to their site.

It's an oil mix. No, doesn't make your hair grow anymore than any other oil like the testimonials say, but it works well in my hair. I don't currently use it.

It has a unique smell. Can't really explain, you would just have to take a whiff for yourself. lol

Ingredients:
olive oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil. vitamin d, choline, inositol, iron, magnesium, phosphorous, calcium, natural color and fragrance.

bride91501

So it looks like it could mean either wild growth or wheat germ oil lol. Thanks ladies.

I've been looking to research the effect of ceramides on hair retention....thanks for the reminder! lol