How does this sound? *Shea Butter combo

Mook's hair

I have some unrefined shea butter.

:drunk: I'm thinking about adding some castor oil or olive oil to it and some Saa and mixing that up to make it creamy.

Maybe even adding some aloe vera juice.

Does this sound right to ya'll?:perplexed
I've never done the kitchen-tician thing. So I need input before I jack something up.:drunk:

Ozma

I'm just getting into the home made mixing thing myself. Your mix sounds good to me; keep us updated on the results once you've tried it for a while.

GabbanaGirl

:lick: Sounds yummy to me! Let us know how your hair likes it! FYI.com I have a mix I used Castor Oil for, and had to dilute it because I used too much! Go easy on it! A little goes a looonnggg way...and a lot will have your couch looking like the one on Coming to America! :lachen:

Mook's hair

OK, I just did it. I added Emu Oil instead of Castor.
And I also added some KeraCare Conditioner to it. to make it smell better.
I don't know how this is gonna work out but... we'll see.

Another question... Does Shea Butter cause Buildup?

ajargon02

I make a whipped shea, adding castor oil, coconut oil, vatika oil, oil with herbs that have been steeped, and aloe. Of course I add a few more ingrediants but there a secret :) Just remember, the more oil you add the creamier it will become. I usually melt all the stuff down in the double boiler, put into a container and into the fridge (or freezer if I'm in a rush) for about 5-15 min depending on how much I make. It will keep your hair soft for days. To "revive" the softness, I just daily spritz with my homemade leave-in. I am a natural, my mom's transitioning from relaxer, and my sis with relaxer loves the mix.

BostonMaria

OK, I just did it. I added Emu Oil instead of Castor.
And I also added some KeraCare Conditioner to it. to make it smell better.
I don't know how this is gonna work out but... we'll see.

Another question... Does Shea Butter cause Buildup?

I really don't think so. Well it doesn't cause any build-up on my hair at all.

Cleve_gryl

I have a yummy mix of whipped shea, avocado oil and AO HSR. I use it daily on my WnG and don't get any build up...I cowash everyday. It leaves my hair extremely moisturized and soft.