My first head baggy experience

Cayenne0622

IT WAS GREAT!!!! I put a couple of pea sized amounts of Aveda USC and sealed with oil...cross wrapped my hair, slapped the plastic bag on (and squeezed out the air), tied on my satin scarf and slept the night away while my hair soaked up the moisture. This morning I took off the baggy and my hair was literally MOIST! I put the satin scarf back on for like 30 mins and my hair was dry already but it dried shiney and had swing to it and everything!!! THANKS LADIES!! I will be doing this at least every other night...if not every night. Loved the experience.

You Aveda chics!!! Thanks for the suggestions on getting the Universal Styling Cream.

Malice

That's great! I can't wait to take out my braids and do this myself, darkempress and her megagrowth really inspired me. It makes so much sense that it would be good for your hair and scalp because of the heat activating those moisturizers and oils to do their job to the 10th power! I just might skip the re-braid for sure just to do this nightly and see for myself.

Amour

I did too.. my head was so moist, the only thing was it was making plastic like sounds everytime I would turn around. I didnt have a plastic cap so I had to use a plastic carrier bag then cover with my satin cap

KiniKakes

Aww, Im so glad that worked out for you Cayenne!!!! Thats wonderful!!!! Im baggying tonight, in fact!!! :grin:

amwcah

I have done this a couple of times. I'm not sure if I like the feel of having a wet head, especially going outside in the cold morning.

Cayenne0622

You'll love it Kini! :D You have a lot of hair so be sure you take the baggy off early enough in the morning and tie the satin scarf back on for smoothness if you want it to be dry before you head out for the day.

Cayenne0622

amwcah said:
I have done this a couple of times. I'm not sure if I like the feel of having a wet head, especially going outside in the cold morning.

LOVE the baby in your avatar!! Too cute!

My hair was dry long before I left home. But then again, my hair is neck length. You know you could just do this method for a few hours in the evening before you go to bed and then take the baggy off before you go to bed and just sleep with the satin scarf on. That way your hair will have gotten the moistening effect of baggying but it'll dry over night with just the scarf. Just a suggestion. Might work?

janeemat

So are you wearing the hair down or in a bun. My hair would be really wet if I did this and poofy. I can't quite figure this one out. I may try this when I'm off work. I baggie Friday nights with a cond then proceed with my normal poo the next day.

aurora3140

janeemat said:
So are you wearing the hair down or in a bun. My hair would be really wet if I did this and poofy. I can't quite figure this one out. I may try this when I'm off work. I baggie Friday nights with a cond then proceed with my normal poo the next day.

I'd like to know this too. The few times I've baggied, my hair was moisturized, but it wasn't smooth when it dried.

LaNecia

I tried this a few times after seeing Ekomba's progress and each morning I head a sweaty head. Not cool. Any Suggestions?

I love the progress you ladies are getting with this method, I just can't seem to keep my hair from getting TOO wet at night. My body temperature rises SIGNIFICANTLY at night, my DH has asked me if I had a fever. I'm like, Uh...no. :lol:

TIA!

VWV

darkempress

VWVixxen said:
I tried this a few times after seeing Ekomba's progress and each morning I head a sweaty head. Not cool. Any Suggestions?

I love the progress you ladies are getting with this method, I just can't seem to keep my hair from getting TOO wet at night. My body temperature rises SIGNIFICANTLY at night, my DH has asked me if I had a fever. I'm like, Uh...no. :lol:

TIA!

VWV
MAYBE YOU CAN TRY TO TAKE IT OFF AROUND 4AM OR SOMETHIN. PUT IT ON FOR A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF HRS WHILE YOU'RE ASLEEP AND SET THE ALARM CLOCK TO WAKE YOU UP SO YOU CAN REMOVE IT. THATS THE ONLY THING I CAN THINK OF IF YOU SWEAT ALOT IN THE HEAD AT NIGHT

God's Anointed

I did this last night and it was just great. My hair was moisturized this morning after it dried and it only took like 10 minutes for my hair to dry actually. I used S-curl and proclaim oil to seal so what are you guys using?I will definitely be doing this more often from now on

Cayenne0622

I bunned my hair today. I'm surprised ya'll are experiencing poofiness. I took the baggy off around 6am and just tied the satin scarf back on and work up late around 7am...lololol...did my morning routine and by the time I took the scarf off and my hair was completely dry and shiney. I felt like I could have worn it down but I'm gonna continue to hide it! :D

If you look at DarkEmpress' fotki, you can see what her hair looks like the next morning. My hair looked the same way....just shorter.:ohwell: hahahahaha

Cayenne0622

VWVixxen said:

TIA!

VWV

I suggested that another lady put her baggy on in the evening at home and tie it with a scarf for a few hours and then take it off and just sleep in the satin scarf. That way you don't have to worry about the damp hair or the sweaty head that you are experiencing. BE SURE THAT YOU ARE NOT PUTTING SCURL OR OVERLOADING ON A MOISTURIZER before doing this. You only need a small amount of moisturizer and a light oil to seal otherwise you will end up with sopping wet hair.

LaNecia

Thanks ladies, I'll give this a try (taking it off a bit earlier and minimizing the amount of moisturizers I use).

This will probably work better when my hair isn't 3 different textures.:perplexed

Empress Yahudah

I tried to baggy my whole head too but like VWVixxen my hair was soaked... the pointers u gave about not using to much moisturizer and oil may be the trick ...i'll try it and see what happens,,,Im on the "No trimming for 2007 challenge"...so im trying to do whatever it takes to keep my ends in check

Blackoutzangel05

If you put a lot of product on then you are going to get very moist hair in the morning. When I was wearing phony ponies that didnt really matter much to me because it was going to be baggyed anyway. However, now I baggy the back all day and not at night. I wear 1/2 wigs and its working great for me!

Congrats on your success with it Cayenne. I use Elasta Mango Butter and jojoba oil and it works wonderful on my hair. Its soft and the ends are very healthy. I have been doing this for 2 1/2 weeks now and I am loving it!

amwcah

Thanks Cayenne0622. I'll have to try that. The baby is one of my identical twins. I love that pic!:D

Cayenne0622 said:
LOVE the baby in your avatar!! Too cute!

My hair was dry long before I left home. But then again, my hair is neck length. You know you could just do this method for a few hours in the evening before you go to bed and then take the baggy off before you go to bed and just sleep with the satin scarf on. That way your hair will have gotten the moistening effect of baggying but it'll dry over night with just the scarf. Just a suggestion. Might work?

Mahalialee4

If you wrap your hair with a THIN silk or satin scarf BEFORE you put the baggie on, and then tie up with ANOTHER silk scarf and leave it on for a couple of hours, it will have the same effect, but eliminate the puffiness. When you are ready to stop moisturizing with the baggie, just remove the TOP SCARF AND THE BAGGIE, but LEAVE THE FIRST scarf on and let your hair dry completely in that THIN silk scarf you will get a "SWANGING BANGING wrap set!!! bonjour.

LaNecia

Mahalialee4 said:
If you wrap your hair with a THIN silk or satin scarf BEFORE you put the baggie on, and then tie up with ANOTHER silk scarf and leave it on for a couple of hours, it will have the same effect, but eliminate the puffiness. When you are ready to stop moisturizing with the baggie, just remove the TOP SCARF AND THE BAGGIE, but LEAVE THE FIRST scarf on and let your hair dry completely in that THIN silk scarf you will get a "SWANGING BANGING wrap set!!! bonjour.

:scratchch

Have you you done this method yourself? This sounds like a really good solution if the other doesn't work. ***jotting down as a 2nd alternative***

Cayenne0622 said:
IT WAS GREAT!!!! I put a couple of pea sized amounts of Aveda USC and sealed with oil...cross wrapped my hair, slapped the plastic bag on (and squeezed out the air), tied on my satin scarf and slept the night away while my hair soaked up the moisture. This morning I took off the baggy and my hair was literally MOIST! I put the satin scarf back on for like 30 mins and my hair was dry already but it dried shiney and had swing to it and everything!!! THANKS LADIES!! I will be doing this at least every other night...if not every night. Loved the experience.

You Aveda chics!!! Thanks for the suggestions on getting the Universal Styling Cream.

Ok so let me see if I understand, your hair was actually dry when you put the oil and the baggie on right?

Ladyhenri

I also do this quite often(as of recently) and the way my hair feels the next day is amazing.
I use profectiv break free and WGHO on my hair, then about once a week, MTG on my scalp.
I actually started doing this by mistake when i got fed up of having to wash my oil stained bedding sheets every day:mad:...this got very annoying and i figured out that since my hair loves oil, this was the only way to keep the oil off the sheets.
My hair is dry when i put all the stuff in, but in the morning, it feels soft and slightly damp. It always dries off too quickly for me to worry

cutiebe2

I do this everynight...even when I have braids in my hair...I just spray, but the baggy on, put my scarf on, and thats it

HERicane10

Malice said:
That's great! I can't wait to take out my braids and do this myself, darkempress and her megagrowth really inspired me. It makes so much sense that it would be good for your hair and scalp because of the heat activating those moisturizers and oils to do their job to the 10th power! I just might skip the re-braid for sure just to do this nightly and see for myself.

Don't wait! I did this on my daughter's cornrows. I used Cantu creamy leave-in mixed with castor oil & Dove Shear Mist. Her hair was moist and shiny the next am & NOT dry and dull looking. Braids soaked it all up. PLUS no need to worry about how to style it!;)

divinefavor

Girl,

We've been thinking so much a like lately!!!! :lol: I've been doing this the past couple of nights. I've been putting Boundless Tresses on my scalp, Elucence, and just last night I put on a little Aveda USC, put on plastic cap and bonnet and was good to go!! This morning I was amazed at how moist my hair was!!!! I had the same bounciness effect as well!!! I wonder what this would do for us fine haired ladies!!! :)

divinefavor

Henrietta said:
I also do this quite often(as of recently) and the way my hair feels the next day is amazing.
I use profectiv break free and WGHO on my hair, then about once a week, MTG on my scalp.
I actually started doing this by mistake when i got fed up of having to wash my oil stained bedding sheets every day:mad:...this got very annoying and i figured out that since my hair loves oil, this was the only way to keep the oil off the sheets.
My hair is dry when i put all the stuff in, but in the morning, it feels soft and slightly damp. It always dries off too quickly for me to worry

This is the same reason why I had started doing this two days ago.

Cayenne0622

pink_n_green_iz_me said:
Ok so let me see if I understand, your hair was actually dry when you put the oil and the baggie on right?

Yes, my hair was dry. I just lightly put moisturizer on my hands and rub it through my hair (I always add extra to my nape...trying to keep it strong) and then I put a small amount of oil (maybe dime or nickle size) and rub that through my hair...crosswrap, put on the baggy, put on the satin scarf and I'm good to go. I ain't gonna lie. Around 4am I lifted the scarf and the bag with my index finger in the front to see if my hair would be wet like some other people described and I did notice that it felt very moist but as I said once I took the baggy off and tied my hair back down with the scarf, it dried very nicely with no delay and no problem.

Cayenne0622

divinefavor said:
Girl,

We've been thinking so much a like lately!!!! :lol: I've been doing this the past couple of nights. I've been putting Boundless Tresses on my scalp, Elucence, and just last night I put on a little Aveda USC, put on plastic cap and bonnet and was good to go!! This morning I was amazed at how moist my hair was!!!! I had the same bounciness effect as well!!! I wonder what this would do for us fine haired ladies!!! :)

I think this method is gonna do wonders for us fine haired ladies. You know Kini is always talking about our fine strands being so fragile. I believe this is gonna give us the elasticity we've been striving for!!! I don't know if Dark Empress is the first lady to discuss full head baggy results in detail but somebody deserves a big ol KISS!!!:p

jnicole

I've tried this a couple of times. Last night was the second time I tried it. I put my hair in pin curls and did the baggy method. I keep getting discouraged because of the wet hair. The pin curls came out pretty good, but my hair frizzed some. I'm going to try less moisturizer and oil like suggested. Thanks Ladies!!!