My first head baggy experience

Cayenne0622 said:
Yes, my hair was dry. I just lightly put moisturizer on my hands and rub it through my hair (I always add extra to my nape...trying to keep it strong) and then I put a small amount of oil (maybe dime or nickle size) and rub that through my hair...crosswrap, put on the baggy, put on the satin scarf and I'm good to go. I ain't gonna lie. Around 4am I lifted the scarf and the bag with my index finger in the front to see if my hair would be wet like some other people described and I did notice that it felt very moist but as I said once I took the baggy off and tied my hair back down with the scarf, it dried very nicely with no delay and no problem.

I don't know if I can double wrap my hair since it's neck lenght. I'll try it tonight and tell you how it turns out.

darkempress

I'M SO HAPPY THAT EVERYONE IS GONNA START DOING OR CONTINUE TO USE THIS METHOD. I'M COMPLETELY IN LOVE WITH THE WHOLE HEAD BAGGY:D . I THINK WE SHOULD START A BAGGY CHALLENGE, I DONT SEE IT HERE. SINCE SO MANY ARE STARTING UP NOW, IT'LL BE GREAT TO DO THAT. ANYONE INTERESTED IN THAT KIND OF CHALLENGE?

jnicole

darkempress said:
I'M SO HAPPY THAT EVERYONE IS GONNA START DOING OR CONTINUE TO USE THIS METHOD. I'M COMPLETELY IN LOVE WITH THE WHOLE HEAD BAGGY:D . I THINK WE SHOULD START A BAGGY CHALLENGE, I DONT SEE IT HERE. SINCE SO MANY ARE STARTING UP NOW, IT'LL BE GREAT TO DO THAT. ANYONE INTERESTED IN THAT KIND OF CHALLENGE?

I'm definitely interested!!

GoldenBreeze

cutiebe2 said:
I do this everynight...even when I have braids in my hair...I just spray, but the baggy on, put my scarf on, and thats it

Ditto!

I've been doing it every night since January. It's a part of my bootcamp regimen.

LaNecia

jnicole said:
I'm definitely interested!!

I'd join just to make sure I was consistent with it.

Question, ladies who baggy, do any of you have weaves? I'm wearing a clip in weave right now and I don't want to have to put them in daily, how would this affect the weave hair? :confused:

ddean

I'd be interested in the challenge as well. I did the whole head baggie for the last few nights, and my hair was super moisturized the following morning. It was slightly damp to the touch, but dried really quick. I lightly mist with UBH Dew before covering with the baggie, and that's it.

Cayenne0622

PINK -- my hair is neck length. I'll take a pick of my crosswrap tonight and post tomorrow. I believe KhandiB is the person who has the crosswrap posted in her fotki. Basically, I use my fingers to part down the middle (because I don't want a hard part) and then I grab both locks of hair and cross one over the other. Remember my hair is only neck length. I stick bobby pins in to secure until i get the baggie on and then I slide the pins out and tie the scarf over the bag.

I'm down for the baggy challenge, DE.

LaNecia

Last night was baggy head day 1. This morning I'm :D.

I decided to do a cross wrap, used a satin wrap around the hairline to keep the plastic bag from rubbing the hairline, then put on plastic cap (squeezing out the air). Then I put on a wrap cap/doo rag and off to sleep.

This morning my hair was slighly damp (I was terrified of it becoming a poofy mess). I put a silk scarf over it to tie and down and we'll see in about an hour but so far so good. My hair feels very soft and silky as it dries.

My moisturizer was my Dove Moisture Mist Blend (Dove Moisture Mist, Silk Amino Acids, NTM Healing Shine Serum, NTM Anti Frizz Cream & NTM Silk Touch Leave In). I very LIGHTLY misted my hair.

Thanks for the tip ladies, I think this may have solved my hair dryness issues when I don't CO wash often.

VWV

Cayenne0622 said:
PINK -- my hair is neck length. I'll take a pick of my crosswrap tonight and post tomorrow. I believe KhandiB is the person who has the crosswrap posted in her fotki. Basically, I use my fingers to part down the middle (because I don't want a hard part) and then I grab both locks of hair and cross one over the other. Remember my hair is only neck length. I stick bobby pins in to secure until i get the baggie on and then I slide the pins out and tie the scarf over the bag.

I'm down for the baggy challenge, DE.

Ok thanks. I didn't do the baggie method lastnight because I did a rollerset so I'd look nice for my interview today. But I'll do it this weekend so it will look nice for Easter.

GoldenBreeze

gorgeoushair said:
Did you have any amazing growth?

I think that I've had some growth, but I won't be certain until the end of this month. That's when I'll straighten my hair and take update pics for the bootcamp challenge. ;)

Last edited: