My first rollerset

Mercie

I did my first rollerset tonight.
I didn't really flatiron the new growth too much since I'm not going anywhere.
There is room for improvement but, I love how soft the hair is.
This is definetly something I'm going to keep on doing.

How often do your rollersets last?
Do you usually pincurl them to go to sleep?

Any suggestions and or tips you would like to give be would really be appreciated. =]

Attachments

• Picture004-vi.jpg
    Picture004-vi.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 100
  • Picture005-vi.jpg
    Picture005-vi.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 81
  • Picture006-vi.jpg
    Picture006-vi.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Nice job on your first attempt! To answer your question, I can usually wear my hair completely down for the first 2-3 days. After that, I need to wear it in an upstyle until the next wash.

I usually put my hair in a high bun and sleep on satin pillow case. Pin curls just dont work because I like a more straight style. However, if you want the curly look, try the pin curls.

Thanks for all your help. C;

I need to get my ends trimmed so, a straight style wouldn't look to nice. x_x

Nice! It looks shiny and soft!

My rollersets can last anywhere from 7-10 days, depending on what I do and if I perspire in my head and/or if it's very humid.

I always pincurl at night and sleep with a silk scarf. larger pin curls for a looser curl and tighter ones for a tighter curl. HTH

Congrats on your first rollerset!!!

The good news is, rollersetting gets easier/better with time, so you'll be a pro soon :yep:

To answer your questions:
My rollerset results usually last 2 days, 3 if im lucky. after that my hair looses its swing and curl at the ends, so i'll put it in a ponytail.

I usually wrap my hair at night, especially if im more than 5 weeks post, it helps smooth the newgrowth. I don't flat iron my new growth after rollersetting ever, its too much work, but i know a lot of ladies here do it with great success.

@Finding me- thanks for that tip. I didn't know that before =]

@Beana- Yea, I don't think I'm going to do it again. If I do though I'll just do the front.

Thanks angie1985

Back