POST RELAXER & ROLLERSET QUESTIONS

peacelove

Ladies - I got a relaxer Sunday. Do you think today is too soon to wash my hair? I have fine hair and it gets weighed down easily by products. Plus my scalp is starting to itch.

My second question is how often to you all rollerset? I want to do once a week, but I cannot go more than 5 days without washing my hair. Rollersets work best for me, but rollersets every 5 days seems a bit much. I am open to all suggestions!

TIA. :)

SNyeema

I'm not sure about the relaxer question. I don't see why you couldn't wash your hair. If it itches, wash it. As far as roller setting, I do mine every week. I wash, roller set, wear for a week, wash, and then roller set again. Works for me. Low manipulation and it keeps my hair moisturized (I oil it daily). HTH!

lexi08

I think its perfectly fine to wash your hair. I do the same thing. My hair is fine textured also. After 4 days my scalp starts to itch and my hair does not look fresh. I usually rollerset, but I blowdry occasssionly also. I would also try Keracare Dry & Itchy scalp shampoo and conditioner, I have used these products in the past and they relieved my itchy scalp.

BrEE

It's fine to wash your hair so soon,i've done it before. as for rollersetting i do it once a week but if i could stand doing it more often i'd go for twice a week. i think albane rollersets twice a week as well as hiza.

cocoberry10

peacelove said:
Ladies - I got a relaxer Sunday. Do you think today is too soon to wash my hair? I have fine hair and it gets weighed down easily by products. Plus my scalp is starting to itch.

My second question is how often to you all rollerset? I want to do once a week, but I cannot go more than 5 days without washing my hair. Rollersets work best for me, but rollersets every 5 days seems a bit much. I am open to all suggestions!

TIA. :)

I got a relaxer on Saturday, and I washed on Tuesday myself (and rollerset). I will be going to the hairdresser on Friday, and she will wash and set my hair again. I think if you wait 2-3 days, you should be fine. Last year, I would get my hair relaxed, leave with wet hair and deep condition the following 2 days, and it didn't revert!

cocoberry10

I don't think rollersetting every 5 days is too much (unless it's too time consuming for you). Especially right after relaxer. Your hair can take more manipulation then. I would suggest rollersetting at night and sleeping on rollers (could hurt your head though)!