My First Self Relax (pics..)

nisha2004

Okay guys I did my FIRST self relaxer…it was exhilarating! So I went to Sistaslick’s fotki and read up on her relaxer articles and did the deed. I think I did good. I…

Parted my hair in 4 sections
Apply Vaseline to my scalp, edges, nape, etc
Applied Tea Tree oil to the length of my hair to avoid overlapping
Mixed relaxer solution w/ 1/4c EVOO
Applied relaxer to each section, then went back and smoothed.
At precisely 20 minutes rinsed relaxed out w/ warm water
After relaxer was completely rinsed out I applied a mild protein treatment (ORS repl. Pack for 5 minutes)
Rinsed it out and proceeded to shampoo w/ the neutralizer. (Did it about 4 times, just to make sure)
Rinsed the neutralizing shampoo out the applied a moisturizing DC, silicon mix. Put on cap and went under my soft bonnet dryer for 20 minutes.
Washed the DC out, rang the water out of my hair
Applied Lacio Lacio, and rollerset. (Oh how I love silicon mix…my hair was like butta and detangling was a breeze) :lick:
Dried w/ my new spaceship dryer! (Omg this thing gets so hot compared to my other soft bonnet, dried in 1 ½ hrs instead of the 2-2 ½ it normally takes.) :yep:

Honestly I don’t know if I would do it again, but I’m proud of myself for trying. Oh and thanx sista-slick for all your helpful tips!:ohwell:

(sorry about the dirty mirror...oh i also included a pic of my true sunbleached hair color..errr)

Attachments

• Hair II.jpg
    Hair II.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 62
  • Hair III.jpg
    Hair III.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 48
  • Hair IV.jpg
    Hair IV.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 44
  • Hair 1.jpg
    Hair 1.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 49
  • PICT0541-vi.jpg
    PICT0541-vi.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Stop lying! You know you went to a salon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah, I'm messing with you. Great job. I may have to start coming to you. I tried to self-relax and I was severely underprocessed :nono: You have given me hope to try it again. ^5!

GREAT job!! why wouldn't you do it again?! I plan to self-relax for the first time I think I will follow your steps! :yep:

Back