My first setback since going natural....

Kinkyhairlady

Lately I have been frequenting the hairboard because I have no idea how to manage my natural hair when I'm not wearing braids. I've decided to embark on this hairgrowth journey again without relying on braids like I did when I was relaxed. Here is a little bit of my story... I had my last relaxer January 2009 and did the big chop December of 2009 and I pretty much wore braids for the whole year. My hair was coming along pretty nicely so I thought. Recently I have Bern experiencing major breakage and shedding and I had no idea what was happening.

Well I went to the salon to get a trim and treatment and the stylist stated that my hair was very dry and it looked like I cut pieces of my hair when removing my weaves. Long story short she cut about 3 inches of my hair and flatironned them. I have no idea how short my hair will shrink once I wash it I am nervous about that. The good thing is that I am starting over with fresh ends and I will Moisturize as I should. I reposted my fotki and I will document this journey. Hopefully I don't fall off. See my fotki in my profile. The other pics are of when I was relaxed.