Six month update from my setback! (pics)

kyla

Thanks for sharing, your hair is so pretty! Keep up the good work.

Thank you so much everybody! I really appreciate it!

I got asked a few questions, so I will post the answers here so everyone can see.

I am relaxed, been relaxed my whole life! LOL :lachen::lachen:

The longest my hair has ever been was barely SL, and my ends were broken off terribly!

When I was a child, my mom said my hair was probably APL at the longest.

I am 5'10. :grin::grin:

I relax every 12-16 weeks, depends on how I am able to manage my NG.

I don't really have any hard rules...I try to "listen" to my hair and stay away from bandwagons.

I am not anti-heat...rarely using heat took some time adjusting to, I used heat all the time pre LHCF. I had to learn not to be so dependent on heat.

Trims...I don't dust often ( I know I'm bad). I just get a trim every 6 months.My best friend is a stylist so I don't have to worry about my hair getting chopped off!

I protect my ends by wearing my hair up 99% of the time, but I will wear my hair down if I want...I've learned how much my hair can take. My hair is fine and very fragile, it breaks very easily!

I detangle my hair when I cowash...under running water. I use a Wet Look (??) wide-tooth comb.

I have found that since my hair has gotten longer, that I need to cowash in sections.

After I t-shirt dry my hair, I apply Nourish and Shine, then I apply castor oil to my ends.

Since I have fine hair, so I try not to overdo it with the products.

I use the GVP version of Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum.

I use Oliver Oil relaxer, my mom relaxes my hair for me! I relax hers also.

I use Roux Pororsity Control when needed....

I don't take any supplements, and my hair doesn't grow fast! :nono:

Believe me, there were many days I was so discouraged, I wasn't confident that my hair would grow long...and I still have those days.

My ultimate goal is to be MBL...which I hope to attain by 12/31/2010. :yep:

Galadriel

I'm so glad you bounced back from that setback! I was cringing just reading about how that happened. Your hair is LOVELY, and you are back on track. Congrats!