My first weave check!!

danigurl18

I just got home for the holiday.. I haven't been home since July. I got into the car and my sister just stared at me. She said, "Oh em gee, is that your hair?" Me- "Yeah it's mine" Then she said " Are you sure that's not a weave?" She then proceeded to dig through my scalp, including feeling the length to see if I had those fusion tracks!:lachen: Finally, she said "Whatever you're doing, I need to do it too! Maybe I need to cut all my hair off too!" I feel really good now.. just wanted to share :grin:

BlackMasterPiece

Congrats on your first weave check Dani!:flowers: That was really cute thats what happens to me over the holidays when my huge family comes together for christmas. Its like I'm an exhibition lol

Keep on growin and prepare yourself to have this happen to you more and more often!!:yep: You seem more chilled out about the weave checks kinda like me, I'm at the point where I just shrug and let people feel my scalp, doesn't really bother me, I find the progression of their facial expressions to be quite comical actually:giggle:

danigurl18

It was my sister so it wasn't too bad but if it would have been someone else, we would have had a problem lol

SmilingElephant

Congrats danigurl!! :flowers:

Wait til your co-workers and the lady in the BSS that reminds you of your g-mother start either running their fingers through your hair or asking to touch it....at first i was like :look: ...um excuse me?....lol

But the longer it gets...you just have to live with the fact that its pretty rare to see a black woman with hair so thick and healthy and past her neck and shoulder:rolleyes:

wheezy807

That was cute! I know you felt all tingly inside, lol. Like someone said as it gets longer be prepared. I have and still encounter quite a few characters and comments. Maybe your sister will soon join the healthy hair journey. That would be awesome.:grin:

Ganjababy

Your hair is gorgeous and the girl in the siggy looks like your hair twin. In fact you guys look like you asre related.