My Formula For Perfect Curls!

brownsugarflyygirl said:
DEEP SIGH!! See this is how PJism gets started...This type of thread makes me want to go out and buy every product you mentioned...but I refuse to become a PJ so I will resist...plus I am not natural yet and my permed ends would just laugh at me trying to achieve this style :grin:

Your hair is GORGEOUS though..and INSPIRING! I will PM you after I BC to ask about this thread..I am sure it will be long buried by December...

I picked up the Kids ORGANICS Shea Butter at Target for two dollars a couple of weeks ago...I just saw it read the ingredients and thought it sounded good and it was cheap..so I put it in the drawer to try later...this is the first that I have heard of someone using it...I will probably try it this weekend...glad I am developing an eye for good products....:D

Hahah, well, the key products I think were the Organics Lotion and Fantasia IC Gel. I only listed everything else just for detail, but the real styling results can be attributed to those two products (and they probably are the cheapest products I own too), which you can probably spend $5-$6 to obtain both!

Thanks for the info...I think that I actually have some IC gel!! I will keep this in my backpocket for future all natural styles....toodles!

I'm going to try this... But I have one question.... Do you find that detangling with the comb stretches your hair out a bit? I'm trying to get my wngos to hang a little bit but I don't use a comb on my hair at all. Should I? I really don't need one to detangle but I think it may be the reason I'm not getting the look that I want.

Thanks for the detailed info. My curls have been very frizzy and unruley latley and I think I need to switch up my routine and products. I can't wait to try this!!

Back