MY HAAAAAIIIIIIRRRRRR

chebaby

looks soooooooooo dry. i dont know why. there is absolutely no shine. my hair is not always like this. in fact since i became a DIYer my hair has been swanging and shinning and everything. i dont know what happened.
yesterday morning i co washed my hair used leave in and the blow dried and flat ironed my hair. last night my ex was standing behind me and said "you didnt put grease in your hair". well i dont really use grease anyway but i took it as your hair is dry. i look at it and sure enough its dry.
i normally use keracare creme hairdress and seal with jbco but last night i sectioned my hair and moisturized with hollywood beauty olive oil creme and sealed and today it still looks dry.
mind you i keep saying "looks" because its soft and i know it is moisturized but the is no shine.
what should i do?

charmtreese

girl, please go back to your keracare. That olive oil thingy is a joke to hair. It get hard and just lie there

ITA with the bolded.

Have you tried a clear rinse! I use colorshowers once ever 6 weeks or so and it keeps my normally dull looking hair shiny! :yep:

chebaby

i have jbco, spectrum coconut oil, shea loe, hemp seed, mango butter, i have alot but the natural butters i dont know what to do with them. coconut oil does make my hair shine but i havent use it in a while.

bravenewgirl87

i have jbco, spectrum coconut oil, shea loe, hemp seed, mango butter, i have alot but the natural butters i dont know what to do with them. coconut oil does make my hair shine but i havent use it in a while.

Melt the 2 tbsps. of shealoe and if you have Sweet Almond butter together. Add about 1/4 cup of distilled or boiled water. Add 2 tsps. coconut oil, honey, olive oil and jbco. melt again. Let them sit. THe mixture should be watery so it can easily come out of a spray bottle. But, don't make it extremely water either. Also, is you have some silk amino acids, add those too. (about 1/2 tsp.)

RubyWoo

you, my dear, might be dealing with a case of buildup :sad:
have u clarified lately?

c/s

when is the last time you clarified? I had the same problem when I first started out in my haircare journey and the ladies here recommended clarifying. I clarified and it worked. That did the trick and my hair had shine and bounce again.

onejamifan

looks soooooooooo dry. i dont know why. there is absolutely no shine. my hair is not always like this. in fact since i became a DIYer my hair has been swanging and shinning and everything. i dont know what happened.
yesterday morning i co washed my hair used leave in and the blow dried and flat ironed my hair. last night my ex was standing behind me and said "you didnt put grease in your hair". well i dont really use grease anyway but i took it as your hair is dry. i look at it and sure enough its dry.
i normally use keracare creme hairdress and seal with jbco but last night i sectioned my hair and moisturized with hollywood beauty olive oil creme and sealed and today it still looks dry.
mind you i keep saying "looks" because its soft and i know it is moisturized but the is no shine.
what should i do?

hmm... maybe your hair looks dry because it might be dry. I agree with what the other posters wrote about trying clear rinses and clarifying your hair, but I think that the blow drying and flat ironing might have dryed out your hair a bit too much. Probably all the products you put in after you dryed just made your hair feel soft and in reality it might not be as moisturized as it should. Try using a small amount of moisturizing condish on dry hair (less than dime sized) and seal it with coconut oil. That should give your hair moisture and shine and will hopefully have your hair looking lustrous until your next wash...

Good luck :)

locabouthair

I have the same problem, and I clarify/chelate weekly. even my mom and hairdresser notices how dull my hair is. my hair will shine for 2 days and then will be dull again.

Ivonnovi

Clarify, Protein, Deep condish/moisturize.
and C/S coconut oil!!!!!

I'm thinking porisity might be the problem

Ivonnovi

I had the same problem constantly until a few weeks ago. I went to a salon and had a professional DC done $24. Since then I've done a series of Protien treatments (3 ), and a Bone marrow treatment, with DCs and ConPoos, and clarifying 1x somewhere in there. At this point I can honestly say my hair looks and feels 100% better.

I think as long as I continue to put relaxer in my hair it will remain on the "dry" side however it is in much better shape now.

i think so too. my hair has low porosity, and does not shine on its own. its dry a lot.

chebaby

update:
i clarified my hair with keracare 1st lather shampoo. then i shampooed with paul mitchell the wash(whitch is a moisture balancing shampoo), then i used aphogee two minute thingy with a plastic cap for 5 minutes and then put in a color rinse and redken all soft heavy cream at the same time. i left them in without heat for 40 minutes. i used salerm 21 w b5 as a leave in and then rollerset my hair it is now shinny and it swings.

thanx for yalls suggestions.