My Hair absolutely loves Henna. I henna every weeeeeeek!

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I use cassia and it definitely makes my hair heavier and thicker. It does loosen my curl pattern, but it's definitely temporary and I think this is just due to the weight that these powders add.

I used to use cassia every week like clock work, don't know why I stopped! I did a cassia treatment yesterday and what a difference it makes to my hair. Thicker, stronger and holds moisture really well. I want to maxiglide my hair soon, so thought this would be a good way to strengthen my hair beforehand. I think I may just do it every week leading up to the day.

I'm wondering if this is a more feasible approach for me:

Henna every 4 weeks, add a few tablespoons of cassia to my Sunday moisture DC.

nyeredzi

I wonder if folks are still hennaing every week. That seems like a lot. But some people who said they were doing that had only done it for 2 or 3 weeks, which doesn't seem long enough yet to count as every week.

bzb1990

3b/3c. henna/cassia.
I'm wondering if this is a more feasible approach for me:

Henna every 4 weeks, add a few tablespoons of cassia to my Sunday moisture DC.
Mzteaze...I remember Khadijah saying in a video on her channel that cassia seems to have a cleansing component which can translate as drying on some... I will try to find it and link.. it makes sense you are offsetting that with DC simultaneously.

bzb1990

3b/3c. henna/cassia.
Sorry for bombarding the forum SO much, ladies. I have a broken foot situation and days go by slowly...all I have is the net :cry3:
Just remembered I used to do honey and yogurt on my scalp when my hair was at it's best... honey and yogurt and hibiscus or readymade 'Red Zinger' and chamomile or Sleepytime tea in henna masks...just posting it here so I remember for next time ...

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Sorry for bombarding the forum SO much, ladies. I have a broken foot situation and days go by slowly...all I have is the net :cry3:
Just remembered I used to do honey and yogurt on my scalp when my hair was at it's best... honey and yogurt and hibiscus or readymade 'Red Zinger' and chamomile or Sleepytime tea in henna masks...just posting it here so I remember for next time ...

Sorry to hear about your broken foot. Did you decide on whether to henna weekly?

bzb1990

3b/3c. henna/cassia.
Sorry to hear about your broken foot. Did you decide on whether to henna weekly?
I don't think I can afford to. ETA: budget-wise

2 treatments this week, no issues yet.
DC'd before both, figuring the Lawson molecule and coconut milk greasiness might help 'seal in' the moisture of the DC. I wonder what a real scientist would say to that logic.
:lol:

Last edited: