My hair hates oil or is it me? Any suggestions

soaries

Can serums or polish seal in moisture? I only can stand oil on my hair for hot oil treaments and that is because I am washing afterwards. I am a sweater, and when I sweat the hair oil runs down on my neck, I hate that! What else seals in moisture besides oils and vaseline?

Sonya

patticake

my hair soaks up oils quick too, but i recently bought fanatsia ic hair polish and my hair loves it! my hair stays soft and shiny all day with just 2 or 3 drops.

Tracy

Yeah, oils are hard on me too - for a variety of reasons.

I also use serums faithfully and if it makes you feel better they are sorta oil based - silicone is an oil if I'm not mistaken.

Anyways - I don't have the same trouble with serums that I have with oils (although as a side not I did have better luck with jojoba than anything else and natural oils are admittedly more nourishing than silicone). I use them to do exactly what you suggest - retain and seal in moisture.

Ebony

my hair prefers moisturizing creams. i can only take only light oils when i have in my weave or if i'm wearing protective hairstyles. jojoba is really good if u want to stay with a natural oil. it's kind of like a quick dissolving natural oil in my opinion. other dissolving oils i like for my hair are bain de terre recovery complex, senscience VitalEsse repair&shine, and finally biosilk silk therapy which i also use for flat ironing & on my body. they all leave my hair with a silky finish and they dissolve quickly. biosilk leaves my hair & skin feeling like silk.

Armyqt

Sonya, oils are best used on the hair when wet. If you aren't doing this already, try it that way. Also ensure that you're not using too much. What oils are u using BTW?

Serums are great for smoothing the hair shaft and can be used alone or with oils. They are also great for producing a nice shine. I like Loreal Unfrzz smoothing Serum (on wet hair).

soaries

I used the Profective 3-n-1 phase oil this morning to oil my scalp. I have oil running down my neck as we speak. I have tried Hot Six Oil, WGO, Coconut Oil, Africa's Best, and Olive Oil. I must be heavy handed with it, but I have gotten the same result with all of them. The result being oily limp hair. Remember the scene in Coming to America with the grease on the couch, that's me!