My Hair is breaking HELP - Motions Product question

Islandgurrl

My hair is breaking more than I'll like, I tried the avocado and olive oil home made treatment a few weeks and it worked, but now the breakage is back. I have some questions about Motions, I went to the store this past weekend and saw CPR (Critical Protection & Repair) Protein Reconstructor which is in a bottle, CPR Treatment Conditioner which is in a jar. Have any of you use any of these products and which is better? I am going to the hairdresser on Sunday for a perm. Should these be used before or after I perm my hair, I want to wash my hair tonight and was thinking about going to get some of these products to use tonight. Any suggestions - I also saw the anti-hair breakge lotion as well is it any good? Pls. help - I am soooooo sick of breakage.

Islandgurrl said:
My hair is breaking more than I'll like, I tried the avocado and olive oil home made treatment a few weeks and it worked, but now the breakage is back. I have some questions about Motions, I went to the store this past weekend and saw CPR (Critical Protection & Repair) Protein Reconstructor which is in a bottle, CPR Treatment Conditioner which is in a jar. Have any of you use any of these products and which is better? I am going to the hairdresser on Sunday for a perm. Should these be used before or after I perm my hair, I want to wash my hair tonight and was thinking about going to get some of these products to use tonight. Any suggestions - I also saw the anti-hair breakge lotion as well is it any good? Pls. help - I am soooooo sick of breakage.

Hi,

I use the cpr treatment conditioner in the jar...not the reconstructor...you can use this 1 week before you get a touch up...I also bought the anti hair breakage lotion and yes it is good also....this treatment will prevent breakage or reduce breakage especially if you are planning on your touch up you should use this a week before you get your touch up.

Hope this helps..:)

I use the Motions CPR treatment in the jar every week or bimonthly. It stops breakage immediately for me. It also makes my hair so incredibly soft. The only downfall is that the little flaky things tend to stay in your hair if u dont wash them out thoroughly. I never tried the reconstructor cuz the treatment is perfect for me and I don't need to use anything else.

I love Candi_C's homemade avocado mask. It has worked better for me than anything else.

Yes the CPR treatment is great. Do you think it is a good idea to get a relaxer if your hair is already breaking off? Just a thought as you know the relaxer will weaken the hair.

Let me know what treatment you decide. Breaking is the blues

I also have used the cpr in the jar faithfully for several years now. It works like nobody's business! I would also wait on the relaxer if your hair is already weak. HTH.

i use the protein reconstructor with no problems. I usually mix it with a moisturizing conditioner to DC.
I havent used the jar one but will try it next when this bottle finishes.

whats the difference between the bottle and the tub anyway???

I have been excited to try this. I bought a couple of them since they are on sale at Sally's this month. I want to try them out on dry hair before shampooing when I used the last bit of my ORS Mayo.

Back