my hair is still tangled after washing and conditioning

Lilmama1011

You dont have to be good at science, you just have to google the ingredients of your products. You can even google them before you buy if you know the name.

There are a lot of diff names for protein. The same with humectants, emollients, fillers, and preservatives. Thats mostly what hair products are made of.

Also, have u heard of the book, "The Science of Black of Black Hair"? Its pretty much groundbreaking as far as giving info on what your hair is made of.

ETA: I will post a quote from the book when I get home. Can I do that?

Yes I have heard the science of black hair, I have to download it

mshoneyfly

I understand proteins and fillers and etc it's the ph and acidic levels that are so scientific

Oh I didn't really get off into all that stuff. Its too complicated. I just make sure I have a proper protein-moisture balance based on the ingredients and the way my hair feels. I have gotten really good color, strength and manageability from using henna and hibiscus powder mixed with protein-free conditioner.

There is really good advice posted on this thread so all I can tell you at this point is "good luck" and happy hair growing!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Lilmama1011

They say Aubrey organics has a high Ph but everyone loves it so much, got me thinking Ph has nothing to do with tangles smh....

Bublin

Lilmama1011
It's not much comfort but you will eventually work out a way of detangling for YOURSELF.

Personally there is no way I can wash and detangle standing in the shower I would have waterlogged, wrinkly skin....and I'm not getting in and out of the shower. I lean over the tub as my shower is detachable.

Here's how I do it.........

My hair is very fine, sheds alot and is Lo Po so it needs a constant stream of water and conditioner to detangle. Doing it dry with a some oil or condish whilst relaxing and watching a movie is pointless for me and I will get a huge amount of breakage.

I wash my hair loose and every stage is used to detangle and remove shed hair. I don't have one big detangle session per se.

When I first rinse with water i am gently pulling the shed hairs from the ends.

I then apply shampoo (I personally only apply to my scalp) and again whilst I'm rinsing that out I'm pulling out more shed hair and adding in abit of detangling by just seperating any big tangles I come across.

I apply my dc and put into about 6 big plaits. From now on I work in sections.

The product I use to deep condition with is NOT what I use to detangle. With the exception of Aussie Moist 3Minute Miracle, no deep con has enough slip and I use ALOT of condish at this point so what I use needs to be cheap but have good slip.

So I undo each braid, rinse off the dc and while I'm doing that, again, I'm pulling out shed hair and more gently detangling. I'm holding the shower over that braid for the constant stream of water. I then apply LOTS of cheapie condish ie Tresemee Moisture Rich, any VO5 and I finger detangle until I can run my fingers through that section, apply more condish and run my wide tooth comb through it. Fully rinse that section and re-braid and go onto the next.

Seems like alot but I am quite quick at it now.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I do all of these except I don't know if I use conditioners that smooth my cuticles, any suggestions and I don't know if mane and tale a protein, I just started using it back again because it was tangled, I use moisture conditioner every week for three weeks and the forth I use protein

They say Aubrey organics has a high Ph but everyone loves it so much, got me thinking Ph has nothing to do with tangles smh....

Lilmama1011, Aubrey Organics HSR is wonderful for my hair. I love WC also and even use it as a daily moisturizer. Washing in the sink would have my hair a matted mess. I wash in the shower. I consider Sally's GVP version of Matrix Biolage a great smoothing conditioner.