MY HAIR IS THINNING RAPIDLY.....HAIR EXPERTS NEEDED ASAP!!!

Nanyanika

I neglected using any reconstructors for a few months, since i've been applying henna i assumed that i wasn't in need of protein, as my hair always felt thicker. My hair has been shedding execessively long strands and now breaking. i think i'm gonna go bald. i'm 10 weeks post relaxer, and there is no way i can get a relaxer in this condition. after getting my hair back in to condition, I'm thinking about braiding for a while before relaxing again.

here is my regimen

please tell me how i can improve this to save my hair

My regimen is simple

HAIR TYPE: 3c/4a
RELAXER: Silk elements lye regular every 4-5 months and rollerset
MAIN STYLE: 100% buns, wigs, hair piece ponytail holders
WEEKLY REGIMEN: I will use any moisturiser i have on hand
WASH DAY: every 5-7 days.
PROTEIN TREATMENTS: Henna every 4wks

1) Pre-poo treatment- Dabur Amla oil.

2) Shampoo- Creme of nature or Pantene to clarify 1X a month

3)Conditioner- ORS (20-30 mins under dryer).

4) on damp hair I part and apply dime size amount of rusk sensories smoother conditioner. Lastly, I apply keracare silken seal serum as a heat protector and proceed to wrap set my hair or leave hanging under hood dier. After hair dries I add Olive oil. I finger style hair and roll into a bun and cover with baggie, i wrap with silk scarf before i go to bed.

PRODUCTS

Creme of nature poo
Pantene clarifying poo
ORS olive oil replenishing paks
Rusk sensories smoother conditioner
S-curl activator
Keracare Silken Seal
Dabur Amla oil
Olive oil
Organic Eygptian Henna colour

Last edited:

CAPlush

I think Honeydew was explaining that she could not substitute Henna for an Aphogee protein treatment. I think you should either do Aphogee treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart or Emergencee treatments every 2 weeks. Maybe Honeydew will come in here to say what she is doing to incorporate henna and regular protein treatments.

Nanyanika

CAPlush said:
I think Honeydew was explaining that she could not substitute Henna for an Aphogee protein treatment. I think you should either do Aphogee treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart or Emergencee treatments every 2 weeks. Maybe Honeydew will come in here to say what she is doing to incorporate henna and regular protein treatments.
thanks!! hopefully honeydew will be able to help me!!!!!!

preciousjewel76

I'm so sorry to hear about your hair woes, den1.:( I'm watching this thread for responses, as I plan to begin regular henna treatments soon. I'd also like to know how to alternate henna & protein treatments!

Nanyanika

preciousjewel76 said:
I'm so sorry to hear about your hair woes, den1.:( I'm watching this thread for responses, as I plan to begin regular henna treatments soon. I'd also like to know how to alternate henna & protein treatments!
I wish i was more informed about henna before using it as a replacement for protein treatments, i was using reconstructors every week and my hair was fine before. Its knowing how to keep the perfect balance betwen the two, i have to halt henna usage and get my hair back to how it was before.

LocksOfLuV

Yeah Den, I agree with Cap. I would try applying aphogee every 6-8 weeks in addition to everything you are doing.

To me it sounds like you are so on the right track, that's why I am confused.

Nanyanika

LocksOfLuV said:
Yeah Den, I agree with Cap. I would try applying aphogee every 6-8 weeks in addition to everything you are doing.

To me it sounds like you are so on the right track, that's why I am confused.
exactly, i don't know whats happening to me!!! all i can think of is re-introducing strong/mild protein treatments. I'm in need of a touch-up but i'm opting to wear braids to give my hair a rest from the chemicals

fancypants007

den1 said:
I neglected using any reconstructors for a few months, since i've been applying henna i assumed that i wasn't in need of protein, as my hair always felt thicker. My hair has been shedding execessively long strands and now breaking. i think i'm gonna go bald. i'm 10 weeks post relaxer, and there is no way i can get a relaxer in this condition. after getting my hair back in to condition, I'm thinking about braiding for a while before relaxing again.

here is my regimen

please tell me how i can improve this to save my hair

My regimen is simple

HAIR TYPE: 3c/4a
RELAXER: Silk elements lye regular every 4-5 months and rollerset
MAIN STYLE: 100% buns, wigs, hair piece ponytail holders
WEEKLY REGIMEN: I will use any moisturiser i have on hand
WASH DAY: every 5-7 days.
PROTEIN TREATMENTS: Henna every 4wks

1) Pre-poo treatment- Dabur Amla oil.

2) Shampoo- Creme of nature or Pantene to clarify 1X a month

3)Conditioner- ORS (20-30 mins under dryer).

4) on damp hair I part and apply dime size amount of rusk sensories smoother conditioner. Lastly, I apply keracare silken seal serum as a heat protector and proceed to wrap set my hair or leave hanging under hood dier. After hair dries I add Olive oil. I finger style hair and roll into a bun and cover with baggie, i wrap with silk scarf before i go to bed.

PRODUCTS

Creme of nature poo
Pantene clarifying poo
ORS olive oil replenishing paks
Rusk sensories smoother conditioner
S-curl activator
Keracare Silken Seal
Dabur Amla oil
Olive oil
Organic Eygptian Henna colour

Den, so sorry to hear about your hair troubles. I use henna like about once a month, but every week I use this "hair pudding" concoction that Softresses has posted in her album (Thank you, thank you, thank you Softresses). Go to her album and get the specifics regarding this hair pudding. I have not been using it lately because I have cornrow braids in my hair, but prior to getting my hair braids, I used it for about 6 weeks and this deep conditioner is verrrrry good. This is going to be my permanent deep conditioner. I blow-dried my hair before getting cornrow braids and I could tell my hair was stronger and so healthy looking. Anyhow, the concoction consists of Aphogee + Cholesterol + Kemi Oyl. I put this in my hair every week after washing, put on plastic cap and sit under the hair dryer for about 30 minutes. It has made a world of difference for my hair. Also I've heard that Jamician Black Castor Oil can thicken up your hair. I asked a friend of mine who is Jamaican where I could buy some locally. And she told me that she was just speaking with her daughter about this oil and she could not find it anywhere. She feels her hair has lost some of its thickness because she has a relaxer, but she said when she lived in Jamaica she used this oil all the time and mixed it with pure coconut oil and she said her hair was so thick. I just order bottles for her and for myself. Go to their website and read the reviews about it. I hope this helps. http://www.sams247.com/jamaican-black-castor-oil.aspx

Nanyanika

fancypants007 said:
Den, so sorry to hear about your hair troubles. I use henna like about once a month, but every week I use this "hair pudding" concoction that Softresses has posted in her album (Thank you, thank you, thank you Softresses). Go to her album and get the specifics regarding this hair pudding. I have not been using it lately because I have cornrow braids in my hair, but prior to getting my hair braids, I used it for about 6 weeks and this deep conditioner is verrrrry good. This is going to be my permanent deep conditioner. I blow-dried my hair before getting cornrow braids and I could tell my hair was stronger and so healthy looking. Anyhow, the concoction consists of Aphogee + Cholesterol + Kemi Oyl. I put this in my hair every week after washing, put on plastic cap and sit under the hair dryer for about 30 minutes. It has made a world of difference for my hair. Also I've heard that Jamician Black Castor Oil can thicken up your hair. I asked a friend of mine who is Jamaican where I could buy some locally. And she told me that she was just speaking with her daughter about this oil and she could not find it anywhere. She feels her hair has lost some of its thickness because she has a relaxer, but she said when she lived in Jamaica she used this oil all the time and mixed it with pure coconut oil and she said her hair was so thick. I just order bottles for her and for myself. Go to their website and read the reviews about it. I hope this helps. http://www.sams247.com/jamaican-black-castor-oil.aspx
Thank-you so much for your help!!! i've just taken a look at softtresses method.
Which aphogee do i use is it the treatment or the two minute one? do i have to follow up with a moisturising conditioner. thanks

Last edited:

fancypants007

den1 said:
Thank-you so much for your help!!! i've just taken a look at softtresses method.
Which aphogee do i use is it the treatment or the two minute one? do i have to follow up with a moisturising conditioner. thanks

It's the hard-core protein, I believe it's the hair treatment for damaged hair that you do every 6 weeks. I was a little concerned about using it every week, but it works beautifully. The consistency is soooooo smooth and it goes on like butter. By the way, did I mention that this deep conditioner has cut down on my shedding. I simply love this deep conditioner. You may need to make some adjustments to the mix. I started out using 1.5T of Aphoghee, now I only use 1T of it. I do not follow up with a moisturising conditioner because my hair feels so soft and conditioned, but you be the judge of it. You can tell how your hair feels if you should proceed with a moisturising conditioner, but personally, I didn't. After 30 minutes I rinse it out and then I do a final rinse of a homemade acv herbal mixture, pour all over my hair several times catching the water underneath and pouring it again over my hair about 4-5 times; by the way this mixture leaves my hair so shiny as well as closing the cuticles which makes detangling easier; I then spray with Wanakee's light conditioner detangling spray and proceed to detangle my hair. Afterwards, I put a oil moisturiser creme on my hair, followed by my homemade moisturising spray, plait in about 4 braids, pin them up and oil scalp with sulfur mixture. My hair is thriving. Den, I hope this helps you. Hair problems can be very traumatic so I wish you the best in your endeavdors to fix the problems. I'm happy to share.

Nanyanika

fancypants007 said:
It's the hard-core protein, I believe it's the hair treatment for damaged hair that you do every 6 weeks. I was a little concerned about using it every week, but it works beautifully. The consistency is soooooo smooth and it goes on like butter. By the way, did I mention that this deep conditioner has cut down on my shedding. I simply love this deep conditioner. You may need to make some adjustments to the mix. I started out using 1.5T of Aphoghee, now I only use 1T of it. I do not follow up with a moisturising conditioner because my hair feels so soft and conditioned, but you be the judge of it. You can tell how your hair feels if you should proceed with a moisturising conditioner, but personally, I didn't. After 30 minutes I rinse it out and then I do a final rinse of a homemade acv herbal mixture, pour all over my hair several times catching the water underneath and pouring it again over my hair about 4-5 times; by the way this mixture leaves my hair so shiny as well as closing the cuticles which makes detangling easier; I then spray with Wanakee's light conditioner detangling spray and proceed to detangle my hair. Afterwards, I put a oil moisturiser creme on my hair, followed by my homemade moisturising spray, plait in about 4 braids, pin them up and oil scalp with sulfur mixture. My hair is thriving. Den, I hope this helps you. Hair problems can be very traumatic so I wish you the best in your endeavdors to fix the problems. I'm happy to share.
Thanks for responding, i do have some hardcore aphogee left, so i just measure everything tablespoons? I'm hoping that it will halt shedding and breakage i'm experiencing. thank-you so muych for all your help. i will report my progress after 4 weeks using this method. how do you make the acv herbal concoction?

Mahalialee4

Looks like ladies all have given some good and encouraging advice. The only thing I would like to add is that henna treatments fair best in the long run when balanced with acid (acv) protein, oil (fats). Actually, the balance needs to be kept for maximum hair health in general. Trusting all will well. don't get discouraged. (lots of hugs) bonjour

Nanyanika

Mahalialee4 said:
Looks like ladies all have given some good and encouraging advice. The only thing I would like to add is that henna treatments fair best in the long run when balanced with acid (acv) protein, oil (fats). Actually, the balance needs to be kept for maximum hair health in general. Trusting all will well. don't get discouraged. (lots of hugs) bonjour
Thanks Mahalialee your advice is always well informed. thank-you to all the ladies who recommended using protein treatments, I will be attempting this at my next scheduled wash session.

gymfreak336

Mahalialee4 said:

I have never heard that before. How would one balance it out??

HoneyDew

CAPlush said:

Girl! You read my mind.

Den1, as soon as I read your post I thought about my problem.

I stopped usign protein after using henna and after about my month my haif started breaking badly. It was not just shedding. It was not as strong or anything. I would run my fingers through my hair and all kinds of little pieces would fall. I was so scared.

I thought it was because I needed a touchup. I relaxed my hair - :eek: IT GOT WORSE.

Then I thought I needed a trim. I trimmed all my progress from that time and STILL BREAKAGE.

DUH!! I needed protein. I gave myself a hardcore protein treatment and BAM - instantly my hair was back to normal. It felt better as soon as I rinsed the protein off.

Girl, no one is lying when they say listen to your hair. I just did not get it and lost a LOT of hair as a result!

Henna is just not enough. I am not going to stop using henna because it does complement the protein well. Now I just alternate henna and protein.

Good luck Den1.

Nanyanika

HoneyDew said:
Girl! You read my mind.

Den1, as soon as I read your post I thought about my problem.

I stopped usign protein after using henna and after about my month my haif started breaking badly. It was not just shedding. It was not as strong or anything. I would run my fingers through my hair and all kinds of little pieces would fall. I was so scared.

I thought it was because I needed a touchup. I relaxed my hair - :eek: IT GOT WORSE.

Then I thought I needed a trim. I trimmed all my progress from that time and STILL BREAKAGE.

DUH!! I needed protein. I gave myself a hardcore protein treatment and BAM - instantly my hair was back to normal. It felt better as soon as I rinsed the protein off.

Girl, no one is lying when they say listen to your hair. I just did not get it and lost a LOT of hair as a result!

Henna is just not enough. I am not going to stop using henna because it does complement the protein well. Now I just alternate henna and protein.

Good luck Den1.
Thanks for replying girl!
I stopped all my protein in january, and now all this shedding and breaking.
like you i also thought it must be because i need a relaxer i'm happy i begun this thread before making any rash decisions, if i relax i would be in deep ****. I followed recommendation from fancypants and went to softtresses journal and mixed up a protein treatment which includes stinky aphogee as soon as i rinsed out i could tell that i just had a protein treatment. Henna for now as you suggested will be only be used to compliment protein. i think i will only perform them every 6 weeks. i'm now airdrying my hair, instead of using the drier. itsd a shame you lot some length before finding out about the protein, at least you know now, thank-you very much for sharing your story. you ladies are the best.

HoneyDew

den1 said:
Thanks Mahalialee your advice is always well informed. thank-you to all the ladies who recommended using protein treatments, I will be attempting this at my next scheduled wash session.

Isn't LHCF great! I wish that I had of posted here when I was having my problem. I was embarrassed that I had relaxed my hair so soon and I just knew everyone would focus on that. So I just struggled with this knowing that my next progress pics would show the real truth of my hair's demise. I am so glad that I did finally get it, though.

By the way, I think the Aphogee is a good bet, like all the others ladies mentioned. I used a capful of "pure protein" from Style One added to about 10 oz of Cabot's Protein Pac. I thought that may have been too much, but my hair loved it. :)

HoneyDew

den1 said:
Thanks for replying girl!
I stopped all my protein in january, and now all this shedding and breaking.
like you i also thought it must be because i need a relaxer i'm happy i begun this thread before making any rash decisions, if i relax i would be in deep ****. I followed recommendation from fancypants and went to softtresses journal and mixed up a protein treatment which includes stinky aphogee as soon as i rinsed out i could tell that i just had a protein treatment. Henna for now as you suggested will be only be used to compliment protein. i think i will only perform them every 6 weeks. i'm now airdrying my hair, instead of using the drier. itsd a shame you lot some length before finding out about the protein, at least you know now, thank-you very much for sharing your story. you ladies are the best.

GREAT!! I am so happy things are back to normal. I am glad you did not relax like I did!

Nanyanika

HoneyDew said:
Isn't LHCF great! I wish that I had of posted here when I was having my problem. I was embarrassed that I had relaxed my hair so soon and I just knew everyone would focus on that. So I just struggled with this knowing that my next progress pics would show the real truth of my hair's demise. I am so glad that I did finally get it, though.

By the way, I think the Aphogee is a good bet, like all the others ladies mentioned. I used a capful of "pure protein" from Style One added to about 10 oz of Cabot's Protein Pac. I thought that may have been too much, but my hair loved it. :)
LHCF is amazing!! you should have posted here girl... nevermind thank god you found out. even though i washed my hair last night, i was desperate to try the recommendation so i went ahead and performed the treatment my hair feels very strong a little though, i made sure i followed up with a moisturising conditioner.

Nanyanika

HoneyDew said:
GREAT!! I am so happy things are back to normal. I am glad you did not relax like I did!
i hope things will get back to normal, i'll have to give it at least a few weeks first however i can feel the difference.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Glad to see things are working out girl, that Aphoghee mixed in conditoner is great, I tried it on my moma last wk. since she's always pressed for time on her hair days and my hair finally convinced her butt to come twice a wk. I mixed it w/Miss Key Wheat Germ cond. and it killed to birds w/one stone as they say.

Keep us posted.
den1 said:
LHCF is amazing!! you should have posted here girl... nevermind thank god you found out. even though i washed my hair last night, i was desperate to try the recommendation so i went ahead and performed the treatment my hair feels very strong a little though, i made sure i followed up with a moisturising conditioner.

Nanyanika

BeautifulWideEyes said:
Glad to see things are working out girl, that Aphoghee mixed in conditoner is great, I tried it on my moma last wk. since she's always pressed for time on her hair days and my hair finally convinced her butt to come twice a wk. I mixed it w/Miss Key Wheat Germ cond. and it killed to birds w/one stone as they say.

Keep us posted.
thanks!!! i'm happy that i can feel a difference, i hope that things continue on the up. Its nice that your mum listens to your hair advice my mother never does.

fancypants007

den1 said:
Thanks for responding, i do have some hardcore aphogee left, so i just measure everything tablespoons? I'm hoping that it will halt shedding and breakage i'm experiencing. thank-you so muych for all your help. i will report my progress after 4 weeks using this method. how do you make the acv herbal concoction?

Den, sorry for not responding sooner. Here is the recipe for the acv herbal concoction:

For healthier, shinier hair.
Bring to boil 1 pint (2 cups) Apple Cider vinegar.
Pour over 2 ounces dried nettles
Cover, place in a cool, dark place for 7 days. Shake daily.
Strain. Store herbal vinegar in a dark, glass jar.
To Use: mix 3 tablespoons of herbal vinegar w/1 c warm water. Add 1 drop of rosemary & lavender oil. Pour over hair, trapping water in container and doing it again and again.

I actually use 6 tablespoons to 3 cups of warm water. It does make the hair so shiny. I have several bags of stinging nettle leaves that I bought fromnaturewithlove.com. I do this final rinse every week. It also cuts down the buildup in my hair which I love as well. I hope this helps.

sareca

Hey chica, sounds like you got it under control already but Keracare Silken Seal makes my hair break. Not immediately, but with continued use.

Mahalialee4

gymfreak336 said:
I have never heard that before. How would one balance it out??

http://www.hairlossremedy.net/phbalanceandhairloss.html
http://www.nexxus.com/expert_hair_care_advice/hair_information_chemistry.html
http://www.recipezaar.com/132649 Here is a recipe to help restore acid balance
Specifically: Here is an example. If you never use protein, and only use acid based products...eg. AVC, then your hair can become too soft and mushy...and if your hair becomes deficient in protein, that is unbalanced. Too much protein and your hair can become too hard...too little sulphur and your hair can become thin and shred easily. Too much and it can dry right out, and be difficult to comb. Hair is composed of protein, sulphur, fats (from the scalp)...etc. and the scalp normally should have an acid mantle rather than an alkaline mantle . Some products are Ph balanced and some are not. Some products are very alkaline. You can look into this deeper by doing some searches on the net re: Hair composition and on acid mantle, protein bonds, sulphur bonds, oils and fats: in re: your hair. It is healthier for hair to have a balanced ph by using products and treatments that maintains the best ph balance for your hair. Hope this helps.
So you would not just focus on adding just one component and totally disregarding the other. There are many types of protein as well, and they are not necessarily interchangeable. eg. plant protein, hydrologized protein, etc. etc. Also check out "ph balance" "alkaline based products...eg. some relaxers....acid based...some relaxers etc. on your search. bonjour

Last edited:

femalegold

den1 said:

Its the 2 minute Aphogee treatment that she uses.

delp

Mahalialee4 said:
http://www.hairlossremedy.net/phbalanceandhairloss.html
http://www.nexxus.com/expert_hair_care_advice/hair_information_chemistry.html
http://www.recipezaar.com/132649 Here is a recipe to help restore acid balance
Specifically: Here is an example. If you never use protein, and only use acid based products...eg. AVC, then your hair can become too soft and mushy...and if your hair becomes deficient in protein, that is unbalanced. Too much protein and your hair can become too hard...too little sulphur and your hair can become thin and shred easily. Too much and it can dry right out, and be difficult to comb. Hair is composed of protein, sulphur, fats (from the scalp)...etc. and the scalp normally should have an acid mantle rather than an alkaline mantle . Some products are Ph balanced and some are not. Some products are very alkaline. You can look into this deeper by doing some searches on the net re: Hair composition and on acid mantle, protein bonds, sulphur bonds, oils and fats: in re: your hair. It is healthier for hair to have a balanced ph by using products and treatments that maintains the best ph balance for your hair. Hope this helps.
So you would not just focus on adding just one component and totally disregarding the other. There are many types of protein as well, and they are not necessarily interchangeable. eg. plant protein, hydrologized protein, etc. etc. Also check out "ph balance" "alkaline based products...eg. some relaxers....acid based...some relaxers etc. on your search. bonjour

I was told this a long time ago: use a ph balanced shampoo, a light conditioner (don't know if this is wheat or silk), then follow the conditioner with a low ph conditioner to close the cuticle. I use to have it on my computer but my hard drive crashed. Do this weekly and once a month do a hard protein. And never wash hair without following it up with a low ph/acidic conditioner. Do you girls agree that this is a basic routine? And lastly, since everyone is on the silk protein bandwagon is it the best light protein out there.

There are several types of hair conditioner ingredients, differing in composition and functionality:

* Moisturizers, whose role is to hold moisture in the hair. Usually these contain high proportions of humectants.
* Reconstructors, usually containing hydrolyzed protein. Their role is to penetrate the hair and strengthen its structure through polymer crosslinking.
* Acidifiers, acidity regulators which maintain the conditioner's pH at about 2.5–3.5. In contact with acidic environment, the hair's somewhat scaly surface tightens up, as the hydrogen bonds between the keratin molecules are strengthened.
* Detanglers, which modify the hair surface by pH as acidifiers, and/or by coating it with polymers, as glossers.
* Thermal protectors, usually heat-absorbing polymers, shielding the hair against excessive heat, caused by, e.g., blow-drying or curling irons or hot rollers.
* Glossers, light-reflecting chemicals which bind to the hair surface. Usually polymers, usually silicones, e.g., dimethicone or cyclomethicone.
* Oils (EFAs - essential fatty acids), which can help dry/porous hair become more soft and pliable. The scalp produces a natural oil called sebum. EFAs are the closest thing to natural sebum (sebum contains EFAs).
* Surfactants - Hair consists of approximately 97% of a protein called keratin. The surface of keratin contains negatively-charged amino acids. Hair conditioners therefore usually contain cationic surfactants, which don't wash out completely, because their hydrophilic ends strongly bind to keratin. The hydrophobic ends of the surfactant molecules then act as the new hair surface.
* Lubricants, such as fatty alcohols, panthenol, dimethicone, etc
* Sequestrants, for better function in hard water.

Types of conditioners

* Pack conditioners, heavy and thick, with high content of surfactants able to bind to the hair structure and "glue" the hair surface scales together. These are usually applied to the hair for longer time. The surfactants are based on long straight aliphatic chains similar to saturated fatty acids. Their molecules have tendency to crystallize easily, giving the conditioner higher viscosity, and they tend to form thicker layers on the hair surface.
* Leave-in conditioners, thinner, containing different surfactants, adding only a little material to the hair. They are based on unsaturated chains, which are bent rather than straight. This shape makes them less prone to crystallizing, making a lighter, less viscous mixture and providing significantly thinner layer on the hair. The difference between leave-in and pack conditioners is similar to the difference between fats and oils.
* Ordinary conditioners, combining some aspects of both pack and leave-in ones.
* Hold conditioners, based on cationic polyelectrolyte polymers, holding the hair in a desired shape. These have both the function and the composition similar to diluted hair gels.

Sample conditioner

An easy and inexpensive way to condition light to medium-colored hair and improve the health of one's scalp is to mix 2 tablespoons (30ml) of apple cider vinegar or lemon juice (but not both) with 1 cup (250ml / 8 fl oz.) of water and use in small amounts after shampooing. While this mixture does not foam or feel like a traditional conditioner, the positive changes to one's hair will be apparent after the first or second wash. Caution: lemon juice will turn naturally dark brown and black hair into a bright reddish orange hue with constant use. Do not use this method on dark hair colors unless you want the color change!

Last edited:

HoneyDew

delp said:
I was told this a long time ago: use a ph balanced shampoo, a light conditioner (don't know if this is wheat or silk), then follow the conditioner with a low ph conditioner to close the cuticle. I use to have it on my computer but my hard drive crashed. Do this weekly and once a month do a hard protein. And never wash hair without following it up with a low ph/acidic conditioner. Do you girls agree that this is a basic routine? And lastly, since everyone is on the silk protein bandwagon is it the best light protein out there.

For me, Silk protein does not help my hair when it is overmoisturized and needs protein balance. It is a good in between protein, for me. But, I am a serial over-moisturizer. Only Keratin or Collagen protein gets me balanced

And ladies, personally I don't have to use one of those hardening proteins to get back on track. Joico K-pak has been helpful. I also use Pure Protein from Style One. I just put a capful in another conditioner, sit under the dryer for 15-20 min and I am good to go. I feel an instant difference. That one is liquid Collagen.

But, I guess for those with hair that hates protein like that, it may not be good. My hair screams for it after weeks of moisturizing like I do. :)