MY HAIR IS THINNING RAPIDLY.....HAIR EXPERTS NEEDED ASAP!!!

HoneyDew

sareca said:
Hey chica, sounds like you got it under control already but Keracare Silken Seal makes my hair break. Not immediately, but with continued use.

sareca, I thought it was just me. I used to LOVE silken seal, but I noticed that over time it was just not good for my hair. I think the thickness/viscosity of it is just too high. It became harder to rinse it out. Not telling how much it was preventing my hair from being moisturized. Redken Heat Glide (I LOVED THIS ALSO) did the same thing to me.

Blaque*Angel

i'm sorry to hear about your hair woes denise :cry:

i hope you have found a solution, you have the most beautiful hair in the UK ;)

Nanyanika

fancypants007 said:
Den, sorry for not responding sooner. Here is the recipe for the acv herbal concoction:

For healthier, shinier hair.
Bring to boil 1 pint (2 cups) Apple Cider vinegar.
Pour over 2 ounces dried nettles
Cover, place in a cool, dark place for 7 days. Shake daily.
Strain. Store herbal vinegar in a dark, glass jar.
To Use: mix 3 tablespoons of herbal vinegar w/1 c warm water. Add 1 drop of rosemary & lavender oil. Pour over hair, trapping water in container and doing it again and again.

I actually use 6 tablespoons to 3 cups of warm water. It does make the hair so shiny. I have several bags of stinging nettle leaves that I bought fromnaturewithlove.com. I do this final rinse every week. It also cuts down the buildup in my hair which I love as well. I hope this helps.
thank-you very much for taking the time to post this receipe, i'm looking forward to trying it.

Nanyanika

sareca said:
Hey chica, sounds like you got it under control already but Keracare Silken Seal makes my hair break. Not immediately, but with continued use.
well, the shedding has slowed down bit...i have quite a lot of newgrowth this is whats making me think that my hair is thinning i have a little afro forest on top of my head and the length is straight making my hair look anorexic. i'm struggling to strecth my relaxer so i've decided to put some braids or weave in ASAP i'm not ready to relax yet.

Aveena

The EXACT thing happened to me! and I was singing the blues after my 10 week touch up when my hair started to show the signs of protein neglect. I have added protein back into my regimine ( I can not substitute henna for protien) and will consider some of the other things posted here.

Nanyanika

wantlonghealthyhair said:
i'm sorry to hear about your hair woes denise :cry:

i hope you have found a solution, you have the most beautiful hair in the UK ;)
thanks...for your support and the compliment even though their are so many uk ladies here on LHCF with better hair than mine.... i'm sure everything will work out fine, the mistake is down to me as i mentioned neglecting protein and i've also reached my limit with strectching my relaxers

Nanyanika

Fran said:
The EXACT thing happened to me! and I was singing the blues after my 10 week touch up when my hair started to show the signs of protein neglect. I have added protein back into my regimine ( I can not substitute henna for protien) and will consider some of the other things posted here.
We can only learn from our mistakes...I'm going to concerntrate on getting the correct balances of moisture protein and stop using henna for a while.

gymfreak336

Mahalialee4 said:
http://www.hairlossremedy.net/phbalanceandhairloss.html
http://www.nexxus.com/expert_hair_care_advice/hair_information_chemistry.html
http://www.recipezaar.com/132649 Here is a recipe to help restore acid balance
Specifically: Here is an example. If you never use protein, and only use acid based products...eg. AVC, then your hair can become too soft and mushy...and if your hair becomes deficient in protein, that is unbalanced. Too much protein and your hair can become too hard...too little sulphur and your hair can become thin and shred easily. Too much and it can dry right out, and be difficult to comb. Hair is composed of protein, sulphur, fats (from the scalp)...etc. and the scalp normally should have an acid mantle rather than an alkaline mantle . Some products are Ph balanced and some are not. Some products are very alkaline. You can look into this deeper by doing some searches on the net re: Hair composition and on acid mantle, protein bonds, sulphur bonds, oils and fats: in re: your hair. It is healthier for hair to have a balanced ph by using products and treatments that maintains the best ph balance for your hair. Hope this helps.
So you would not just focus on adding just one component and totally disregarding the other. There are many types of protein as well, and they are not necessarily interchangeable. eg. plant protein, hydrologized protein, etc. etc. Also check out "ph balance" "alkaline based products...eg. some relaxers....acid based...some relaxers etc. on your search. bonjour

Thanks for the info, and I thought I heard everything. I didn't realize the impact that ph plays in growth as well.

BrooklynSouth

den1 said:
I neglected using any reconstructors for a few months, since i've been applying henna i assumed that i wasn't in need of protein, as my hair always felt thicker. My hair has been shedding execessively long strands and now breaking. i think i'm gonna go bald. i'm 10 weeks post relaxer, and there is no way i can get a relaxer in this condition. after getting my hair back in to condition, I'm thinking about braiding for a while before relaxing again.

here is my regimen

please tell me how i can improve this to save my hair

My regimen is simple

HAIR TYPE: 3c/4a
RELAXER: Silk elements lye regular every 4-5 months and rollerset
MAIN STYLE: 100% buns, wigs, hair piece ponytail holders
WEEKLY REGIMEN: I will use any moisturiser i have on hand
WASH DAY: every 5-7 days.
PROTEIN TREATMENTS: Henna every 4wks

1) Pre-poo treatment- Dabur Amla oil.

2) Shampoo- Creme of nature or Pantene to clarify 1X a month

3)Conditioner- ORS (20-30 mins under dryer).

4) on damp hair I part and apply dime size amount of rusk sensories smoother conditioner. Lastly, I apply keracare silken seal serum as a heat protector and proceed to wrap set my hair or leave hanging under hood dier. After hair dries I add Olive oil. I finger style hair and roll into a bun and cover with baggie, i wrap with silk scarf before i go to bed.

PRODUCTS

Creme of nature poo
Pantene clarifying poo
ORS olive oil replenishing paks
Rusk sensories smoother conditioner
S-curl activator
Keracare Silken Seal
Dabur Amla oil
Olive oil
Organic Eygptian Henna colour

Den, I'm going to switch to the mild SE as someone in another thread suggested to see if the thin strands gain more volume. I bought the Aphogee 2 minute today and the 'hard' helmet head treatment along with Wild Growth Oil. I do not know what day I'll use it {APHOGEE protein} but sometime this week for sure. I used the WGO and liked the wavy effect it gave. Hopefully this new stuff will improve the thinning strands.

Nanyanika

BrooklynSouth said:
Den, I'm going to switch to the mild SE as someone in another thread suggested to see if the thin strands gain more volume. I bought the Aphogee 2 minute today and the 'hard' helmet head treatment along with Wild Growth Oil. I do not know what day I'll use it {APHOGEE protein} but sometime this week for sure. I used the WGO and liked the wavy effect it gave. Hopefully this new stuff will improve the thinning strands.
Hi girl, well its the third day since doing two treatments and my hair is a lot thicker and stronger, I think i will continue using SE regular but only every 5 months, i'm doing a long strecth like i used to do using the crown and glory method.if i went down to mild it'll probably leave me really underprocessed. i think my hair thinned because i had relaxer touch-ups too close together btween sept-dec encoupled with the lack of protein i'd been suffering lately. Good luck i hiope everything works out fine