My hair texture IS changing

nycutiepie

tsmith said:
I feel better now but I will take it at night also because I felt funny for a minute...I take Solaray Bamboo Silicia and I got them from http://www.luckyvitamin.com/076280030754.html Sareca started a Bamboo Silicia challenge in December girl they work forreal:) but Den1 is the one who put us on to bamboo they are more potent/organic than horsetail.

ETA: here's the thread http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=103960

I'm glad you feel better Tsmith but what's the bamboo silica supposed to do? Not to hijack the thread but I'm curious what results you're supposed to get from the silica and the MSM together.

MzOptimistic

gymfreak336 said:
I am glad to hear that. I have recently started using bamboo. I am going go through two bottles before I decide to keep it or drop it. I hope I get good results.

Girl, they're good...The initial bamboo silicia challenge was only for 2 months but we noticed that something was happening and we decided that we needed a little more time than 2 months for these vitamins to really kick in and they are making my ng more wavier and looser and more manageable:) As far as growth, I can't say because I take other vitamins but this ng is pushing out faster. I'll be 8 weeks Friday and it seems like I'm 10 weeks or something...don't give up just yet, order a few more bottles:grin:

MzOptimistic

Hidden_Angel said:
Careful with the silica ladies! It made my heart skip I stopped soon as i felt irrgular heartbeats

I remember reading your posts a while back and I have been paying attention because of what you said...thanks again:kiss:

MzOptimistic

nycutiepie said:
I'm glad you feel better Tsmith but what's the bamboo silica supposed to do? Not to hijack the thread but I'm curious what results you're supposed to get from the silica and the MSM together.

Right, we did just hijack the thread, I'm sawwwwy KissKiss. I will pm you nycutie:)

Hidden_Angel

tsmith said:
I remember reading your posts a while back and I have been paying attention because of what you said...thanks again:kiss:

Ya i thougth at first it was the combo of the vitmans i was taking so i stopped taking all the other stuff and just tried the silica but itself and i still felt the same way. I was kind of scared because i try and jog for an hour daily and I didnt want to drop of heartattack or anything crazy like that. I also check and had the other stuff by it self and it didnt give me any heart issuses so I was like well im sorry sillica i love you but YOU have to go...

I also tested the MSM and that makesme sweat but i can deal with sweating..

Last edited:

tatje

So are the MSM pills no good because I just bought some and didn't open it yet. I have the powder form and I don't like how it taste. Its easier for me to take pills. The power just ends up on the bottom of my cup after I'm done drinking the whole thing.

MzOptimistic

tatje said:
So are the MSM pills no good because I just bought some and didn't open it yet. I have the powder form and I don't like how it taste. Its easier for me to take pills. The power just ends up on the bottom of my cup after I'm done drinking the whole thing.

According to the threads that I have been reading on here. If the powder don't dissolve in the water it is not pure and that can be the reason why alot of ppl are having bad side effects but I am no expert in the msm department at all. All I know is I made sure to get the powder form because it is purer and you can't get any powder form because all msm powder is not pure. Now I'm going to step back and let the msm experts take over:cool: There's also a thread called the purity test can you can read.:)

Hidden_Angel

tatje said:

Watch it and test it first see if it works for you! It took me 5 months to figure out what DID and didn't work for me :) The MSM has its side effects though but drink lots of water

preciousjewel76

tsmith said:
According to the threads that I have been reading on here. If the powder don't dissolve in the water it is not pure and that can be the reason why alot of ppl are having bad side effects but I am no expert in the msm department at all. All I know is I made sure to get the powder form because it is purer and you can't get any powder form because all msm powder is not pure. Now I'm going to step back and let the msm experts take over:cool: There's also a thread called the purity test can you can read.:)

ITA. If your MSM powder is low quality, then it won't dissolve. Add some to a glass of water and it should sink to the bottom. It should dissovle completely in a minute or so if it's pure.

MzOptimistic

preciousjewel76 said:
ITA. If your MSM powder is low quality, then it won't dissolve. Add some to a glass of water and it should sink to the bottom. It should dissovle completely in a minute or so if it's pure.

right, also what brand are you taking tatje?:)

seraphinelle

I use the pills too.

I noticed my new growth is softer too...

I have to braid the hair first and then twist it to get my twists to stay in.

Hmmm... I'm wondering if I should use MSM in powder form

yodie

Just wondering if the pill is as effective as the powder.
Can any other ladies chime in on this?

Don't think I wanna swallow msm, along with my liquid vitamins and fiber.

lotusspecter

tsmith said:
I just put 1/2 teaspoon of MSM powder in a 8 oz glass of water because I wanted to see how it taste like with water and then took a sip of lemonade to chase the bad taste...omg...anyway..it wasn't too bad:perplexed Anyway, the label says to take 1/2 teaspoonful(approx. 2.6g). How much grams of MSM is 2.6 g:confused: What does 2.6 g mean?

Thanks again ladies

ETA: I'm taking Source Naturals powder.

It's 2.6 grams or 2600 mg. I'm thinking about additional supplementation of MSM since my hair vitamin only has 600mg. I was worried about the taste, though.

EMJazzy

Happily retired
My hair texture has definitely changed. I take MSM, liquid Silica and Flaxseed oil caps...I don't know which one of those made it change or if it was all 3 of them combined. :confused:

tatje

tsmith said:
right, also what brand are you taking tatje?:)

I have the Now brand in a powder form and that pass the test. I just bought Jarrows in the pill form but havent tested it. :look:

MzOptimistic

tatje said:
I have the Now brand in a powder form and that pass the test. I just bought Jarrows in the pill form but havent tested it. :look:

You're fine with the Now powder let me know how did the test go with the pill:)

Last edited:

seraphim712

Two quick questions:

1. Is it safe to take MSM with the following vitamins : Beta-Carotene, Biotin, Vitamin B-12 and Vitamin E? (These are the vitamins I currently have)

2. Can I buy the MSM powder from GNC?

sexyaqr

I take the pills cause I really hate mixing stuff. You get the same benefits. My new growth is softer and more wavy

MizAvalon said:
I take 2000mg of MSM daily in pill form. I didn't even realize that it came in powder form.

Does anyone else take the pills?

yodie

sexyaqr said:
I take the pills cause I really hate mixing stuff. You get the same benefits. My new growth is softer and more wavy

What brand name pill do you take?

GinnyP

tsmith said:
so, locks is 2.6 g, 2000 grams or 2600 grams..what is the 6...Is it 2600 grams..girl I'm sorry but math is not my forte..I only had to take 2 math classes and I'm soooo glad:)
T, you are so funny(LOL)

tatje

tsmith said:
You're fine with the Now powder let me know how did the test go with the pill:)

The Jarrow's pills falled. but someone posted that the powder form of Jarrows passed. Weird huh?

The Girl

tatje said:
The Jarrow's pills falled. but someone posted that the powder form of Jarrows passed. Weird huh?
yeah I think the Trimedica was the same way for someone too. I know the Natrol pills are garbage...will be adding those to my plants or something

cocoberry10

gymfreak336 said:
Well, I like to spread out my msm dosage throughout my day. I add a bit to my morning juice, I add it to my afternoon tea, and I add a bit to my bev. at night with dinner. From what I have noticed on the boards and from my other reading, most people need atleast 2500-3000mg of msm to really start reaping the hair benefits. I bought the distillpure powder and I am gradually increasing my dose throughout the next 3 months. Start low and build up as you gauge how your hair and body react. Some people have taken as much as 20,000mg of msm without negative side effects. My sister was taking about 12,000mg of msm to help with a knee condition and her hair texture and growth rate did a total 180. Her hair always grew very fast and her hair naturally is unbelievably strong and msm just improved it even more.

How much MSM is this? I'm taking a teaspoon a day. Should I be taking more? Thanks.

cocoberry10

preciousjewel76 said:
I take the DistilPure as well. I started off with 500 mg, and increased by 500 mg every week until I got up to 2000 mg (1 tsp.), which is my current daily dose. I've noticed nothing but great things from this dose of MSM, so I'm not increasing anytime soon. I take mine (usually) in the morning, either mixed with lemon water (sweetened with stevia) or in my protein drink. It's bitter, but not all that bad, in my opinion.

Okay, I'm taking a teaspoon a day also. Thanks for explaining how many mg's that is.:)

cocoberry10

tsmith said:
I feel better now but I will take it at night also because I felt funny for a minute...I take Solaray Bamboo Silicia and I got them from http://www.luckyvitamin.com/076280030754.html Sareca started a Bamboo Silicia challenge in December girl they work forreal:) but Den1 is the one who put us on to bamboo they are more potent/organic than horsetail.

ETA: here's the thread http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=103960

Thanks for the info! They aren't too expensive either.

Leslie_C

My msm powder dissolves but it takes several minutes. Do u think its still pure? Im gonna finish this jar bc I dont want to waste it but I may try another brand next.