My heart just broke all over again

BlueEra

Since September I have been getting my hair done by a wonderful stylist in Chicago. Well I recently came home to St. Louis for the vacation and decided to get my hair done fresh for the holidays. I went to an old stylist. She washed, conditioned, blow dried, and then all of a sudden she starts shaking her head and I hear scissors snipping.

"Your ends are see through so I'm cutting the ends," she said before I could even protest.

I couldnt believe what just happened. I was most upset about my "bangs" because they were chin length, a big accomplishment for me, and in just a matter of seconds they were up to my nose. I was s horrified that I just started crying right there in the chair.

People probably thought I was crazy. She didnt even ask me if I wanted it trimmed, let alone HOW i wanted it done.

I cant even stop crying now because Im so hurt. It took me two years to grow out my bangs.

ttlayli

Awwwww! *HUGS* I know EXACTLY how you feel. This ALWAYS happens with stylists who you are real "cool" with and who feel the same about you. My stylist considers me her lil sis and would do the same to me...jus take it upon herself to CUT not TRIM my ends. :wallbash: One day I just snapped and told her that when "I want my ends DUSTED, I will let you know!!!" We actually ended up bickering in the salon for a couple of minutes....but she doesnt do it anymore!! :rolleyes: Now if I don't even MENTION my ends...she wont touch them. I'm not saying to yell at your stylist....but you need to let her know as stern and professional as possible that unless you ask for something done to your hair, for her not to do it...if she protests, tell her that if she doesnt understand then you will go someplace else. Worked for me. :rolleyes:

locabouthair

((((HUGS))))

im sorry this happened. i remember you talking about her cutting your hair a lot. maybe you should try to find another stylist.

Healthb4Length

:needhug: I feel your pain...it'll get better. I had a similar experience today, normally I'm a very strong person but I don't know why I feel like mush when I'm in the stylist chair.

BlueEra

I know it's going to take forever to grow back, my hair grows so slowly. And it discourages me coming on here to see everyone else making wonderful progress and I feel like I'm just stuck in the same spot.

I know that my ends were a mess and I will admit that they were see-through and I had a million splits. I'm relieved that it's much healthier now, but it didnt have t be cut that much, especially not the bangs.

I guess I'm still in shock right now and won't get over it for a short while.

PuffyBrown

Im sorry that happened:sad:

Please try not to let it get you down. Just keep moving.
Step up that cowashing, remember the goal is 1/2" per month. C'mon you can do it!:yep:

PS. Sometimes lifes lessons are a ******

hrtbndr21

Awww sorry to hear about your experience. She really should have asked you first before doing something like that long time stylist or not. Just think of it as a chance to have a really healthy starting point for your ends.

hopeful

It's a salon off of West Florissant. I knew it was a mistake going there today.

We always know don't we? We get that funny feeling inside. I am hurting for you and with you, I am from St. Louis as well and in all my years there only found one hairdresser that I trusted. I'm just so sorry this happened to you. Keep your chin up. The hair in my nape area grows really slowly too (like around 1/4 inch per month), so I know how you feel about the slow growth, but it sounds like it's healthier now, it really will grow back again, and better than ever.

tbaby_8

I'm sorry this happened to you. However, you will get through this and your hair will grow and be healthier than ever. Now this gives you a reason to create a good regimen and to stick with it. (not saying that you don't already have this done.)

You will just have to DC and CW more now. Your hair will grow back faster now. Just you wait and see.:grin::grin::grin:

Moroni

Sham, honey, I'm SO sorry this happened to you, but it really P*SSES me off! Why the H3LL does someone who is paid for a service have the freakin' impression that they have the right to do whatever the CRAP they feel like doing to the client sitting the the chair?????????????????

Now, after I've deleted most of what I had written, because I know it was inappropriate, I think we all need to learn from your experience, from mine, and from many others who have posted about victimization in the salon chair.....TAKE NO CHANCES.....Tell them first, NO cutting, or you're not paying, and will report it as an assault to the police. Your sitting in the chair does not give them your implied consent to do whatever they want.

ETA: I was really steamed. Sorry for going off!!!

Last edited:

Andreainnis

Ooooo this just pisses me off! I'm hurt for you girl.:nono:

So now its time to accelerate the growth with some massage (w/indian oils if you will), or MTG, or ORS growth serum, or Lenzi's request, or just plain coconut oil... pick one and go for it! Also try hair vitamins like biotin or silica if you're not already taking them. Shen min and Viviscal are supposed to be great for faster growth and stronger hair but I believe massage w/stimulating oils will yield the fastest growth. I just wanna give you every suggestion I can think of that I have known to be successful for me and others. Don't :cry3: anymore, your hair will be back before you know it and even healthier:yep: I think most of us has been through something like this before and we (as you can see) feel your pain:grouphug: We all have to work on shutting an aggressive stylist down but we got your back girl. HGH ;-)

Hair Iam

So sorry to hear ..I know it hurts.:nono:.. Spring is around the corner and you growth will be amazing.:yep:

missnurselady

Please tell me which one so I don't make the mistake of going. There is a salon I wanted to visit but I don't want to go there if they have practices of cutting without asking.
My thoughts exactly....Note to self...Dont go to any salons off west florissant..... I usually go to Master Cuts on N Hwy 67 for my trims. Dont worry hon, it will grow back. The samething happened to me last year when I went to get a relaxer after a 16wk stretch and the girl gave me bangs without asking, I yelled like she just cut me instead of my hair, I held my tears till I left the shop though. But I did walk around for the next 6 wks looking like a 12yr old until I got my hair braid:ohwell:

missnurselady

Ooooo this just pisses me off! I'm hurt for you girl.:nono:

So now its time to accelerate the growth with some massage (w/indian oils if you will), or MTG, or ORS growth serum, or Lenzi's request, or just plain coconut oil... pick one and go for it! Also try hair vitamins like biotin or silica if you're not already taking them. Shen min and Viviscal are supposed to be great for faster growth and stronger hair but I believe massage w/stimulating oils will yield the fastest growth. I just wanna give you every suggestion I can think of that I have known to be successful for me and others. Don't :cry3: anymore, your hair will be back before you know it and even healthier:yep: I think most of us has been through something like this before and we (as you can see) feel your pain:grouphug: We all have to work on shutting an aggressive stylist down but we got your back girl. HGH ;-)

Kmart on 270 and west florissant has the ORS Serum on clearance for 5.00! HTH

4evaRays

I am so sorry this has happened to you. I almost had a similar experience two weeks ago with my stylist. She had just finished blow drying my hair and I thought she was getting ready to hot curl it until I heard the sound of the scissors. I quickly turned around and asked her (with exaggerated shock on my face) "are you about to cut my hair"? And she says yes. I simply told her that I did not want my hair cut. Of course she gave me 50+ reasons why I needed to cut it. My ends were fine! I baggy every night and have no splits. To make a long story short, I held my ground and she did not cut my hair. If I had not heard the snip of those scissors, I'm sure I would crying too. Hang in there sister!, your hair will grow back healthier and fuller than before.:yep:

blackmaven

Anything Is Possible
I feel you pain is all can say right now. Let's just say I got a cute layered hair cut in March of this year unbeknowwst to me. Stylist knew I was growing out hair. Yes it will grow back but it still a miserable feeling. You will feel better soon okay.

BlueEra

Thanks everyone. I could not sleep at all last night. I felt like I lost my best friend and just went to sleep and woke up crying. Pitiful, I know. I am feeling a lot better now though and realize that I just have to suck it up and keep it moving. I just have to find a way to boost my growth. I will tell my new stylist that I do not need a trim and I'm sure she will agree. The main reason why I like my new one is because she is very conscious about how much she trims off and she actually shows me how much she trims off as well. I am relieved that the split ends are gone now, so I feel like I have a fresh start.

As far as growth aids:

I might try to get back on Viviscal, however I tried it for a few months over the summer and thought that I had gotten a lot of growth and the end result was mediocre. I will admit that I slacked off taking the pills regularly after the first month though.

Biotin, MSM, and some other pills/vitamins didnt yield good results either.

I have used BT before and it has worked very well, and I am using the BT balm right now and love the way it makes my hair feel. Hopefully I will find something that works well for me.