UH OH! I'm getting tempted to cut my own hair!!!!!

ttlayli

Not the length! Gosh I'm not crazy! Shoot I'm aiming for waist! :lachen: But I want some bangs sooooo bad! Bangs like Megan Good, Cassie, Aaliyah. Those pretty swoop bangs. Everytime I went to a stylist they would give me these weak thin looking mess!! It didnt even look like bangs, it looked more like my hair was just short in the front, and I didnt pull it back! :wallbash: When I explained to them how I wanted it too look, they would say "it's too thick" or some crap like that. Be honest. Should I throw these scissors in the trash (before I take the leap) or should I try it??? Is it hard to cut bangs??? I'm visualizing myself combing the front of my hair and cutting at an angle...:rolleyes:

anon123

I don't know. I think I might find a salon that was willing. What hair dresser just says no to the way you want your own hair cut? Are you going to all black salons? How about trying a predominantly white one? Sheesh, with all these extravagant "scene" cuts, it's hard to imagine someone refusing to cut some big swoop bangs.

taj

Mama don't cut your hair, you might mess it up. Throw the scissors away!:grin:

ttlayli

Awww! Okay! :lachen: My mom just snatched them from me anyway after she saw what I was writing on here! The salons I was going to were all black and they didnt refuse me a hair cut , but it was bs:

Me: Here's the pics of the bangs I want (me, holding up pics of megan good, aaliyah)
Stylist: Those pics arent good enough! I mean I can't even see the back of the hair!!!
Me: :ohwell:
Stylist: Besides, those bangs are too thick! They have weaves! Those are pieces!!
Me: Whatever. (in my head! :lachen:)
So I get the cut, but like I said, it looks more like hair that's just broken off or short, not hair that were cut into bangs!!!!

:wallbash:

So I figured, shoot, may as well cut them myself!

MoMo

Not the length! Gosh I'm not crazy! Shoot I'm aiming for waist! :lachen: But I want some bangs sooooo bad! Bangs like Megan Good, Cassie, Aaliyah. Those pretty swoop bangs. Everytime I went to a stylist they would give me these weak thin looking mess!! It didnt even look like bangs, it looked more like my hair was just short in the front, and I didnt pull it back! :wallbash: When I explained to them how I wanted it too look, they would say "it's too thick" or some crap like that. Be honest. Should I throw these scissors in the trash (before I take the leap) or should I try it??? Is it hard to cut bangs??? I'm visualizing myself combing the front of my hair and cutting at an angle...:rolleyes:

I know how you feel. I would go to the salon and get my bangs cut but they never came out the way I wanted. I grabbed my own hair for the thickness I wanted and cut. You don't have to cut at an angle, that's where my stylist made her mistake and jacked up my bangs.

I just cut straight across and swooped them at an angle. You can do it...I have faith!

ttlayli

I know how you feel. I would go to the salon and get my bangs cut but they never came out the way I wanted. I grabbed my own hair for the thickness I wanted and cut. You don't have to cut at an angle, that's where my stylist made her mistake and jacked up my bangs.

I just cut straight across and swooped them at an angle. You can do it...I have faith!

Ohhh so how did you do it??? Just grabbed and cut across?? I can do that for the meagan good, aaliyah type bangs??

queen_t

Man ttlayli, it's like you read my mind! Lately, I've been dreaming about bangs. :spinning: I haven't had bangs in FOREVER, but I used to maintain them on my own........it's sooo tempting to reach for the scissors right now. I feel ya girl!!!

plastic

1. Part the hair whichever side you want
2. Put the desired amount of hair in your face, determining if that is the thickness you want
3. Starting from the inner part, cut the shortest piece (if you want it to your eyes, cut it there.. if you want it to your nose cut it there)
4. As you move outwards ... cut further and further down like in a slant, til you get to the other end of the bang section
5. Curl and you are done

NOTE: Part must be a deep part. Anything too close to the middle looks ridiculous. HTH

MoMo

Ohhh so how did you do it??? Just grabbed and cut across?? I can do that for the meagan good, aaliyah type bangs??

Yep! I parted a section about 3/4 of my forehead, careful not to go across the entire forehead because I didn't want blunt bangs. Then I cut level right at the bottom of my eye and then when I wore them I just added a quick roller in the front for about 30 minutes and swooped them over my eye. Really cute but the curl would never last that long (I'm working on that one). To me, the more hair you have for the volume of the bang, the better because they look more defined against the length of your hair. Makes sense?