My Henna-Indigo Gloss Results

MissMasala5

This is with Starwest Botanicals Indigo bought online from shamanshop.net.

Henna-Indigo Gloss
After researching several methods, I decided to do my gloss this way:

*Mixed henna as I have before (see fotki), except no ACV and I used fenugreek/rosemary tea instead of water. I use the Mumtaz brand of henna.
*Did not wash hair; oiled with my regular oil mix instead (see fotki for details).
*After henna dye release, mixed indigo powder with water to a thick paste. Added indigo to henna mix.
*Added a dollop of Lustrasilk cholesterol cream and a dropperful of fenugreek to the mix, applied to hair, wrapped in plastic and lt sit for 2 hours.
*Rinsed, rinsed, rinsed.
*Cowashed twice with Vo5 conditioner, then once with Tresemme Vit E.
*Applied Giovanni Direct Leave-In mixed with castor oil and fenugreek extract.
*Applied vatika oil and detangled, smoothed hair back into single braid. Rolled ends on magnetic roller, then wrapped head with scarf.
*Sat under dryer for an hour.
*Pic is of braid-out next day, no further products added.

I love the results! My hair feels soft and strong. My greys are now a deep reddish-brown, not as coppery bright as before. Overall my hair is darker, but not shoe-polish black, as it would have been if I had not mixed the indigo, but applied it separately after the henna. I will do this gloss again in 4 weeks :)

MissMasala5

Thank you Shocol. Hamilah, the henna colored my hair. In sunlight, it looked bright auburn, and my greys were like new-penny color. Now the overall hair is deeper in tone, but in sun, the auburn is still visible, but not as bright as before. I have read that the more you do henna or henna-indigo, the darker your hair gets each time, and lasts longer in-between as well.

Lioness

Wow, great job and fantastic results.

The hair looks so healthy.

If you don't mind me asking, where do you get your Fenugreek from, and is it in powder/liquid etc form? TIA

MissMasala5

Thanks for the compliments, ladies.

Wow, great job and fantastic results.

The hair looks so healthy.

If you don't mind me asking, where do you get your Fenugreek from, and is it in powder/liquid etc form? TIA

First I used the ground powder you can get in spice sections at the grocery. I got mine from Whole Foods. I also have the leaves (methi) from the Indian grocery. I made a tea from the powder, strained. Adding the powder directly as a paste is no good--the stuff gets like sticky grits and glues, and is hard to rinse out. Recently, I got some fenugreek extract. It is a concentrated liquid extracted from the seeds (www.vitacost.com).

Lioness

Thanks for the compliments, ladies.

First I used the ground powder you can get in spice sections at the grocery. I got mine from Whole Foods. I also have the leaves (methi) from the Indian grocery. I made a tea from the powder, strained. Adding the powder directly as a paste is no good--the stuff gets like sticky grits and glues, and is hard to rinse out. Recently, I got some fenugreek extract. It is a concentrated liquid extracted from the seeds (www.vitacost.com).

I am considering adding fenugreek to my regimen as it has numerous health benefits...it's obviously working for you...

Thanks for your reply.

Last edited:

tricie

WOW! I may have to experiment with indigo some day. That is some really great shine; congrats!