My hubby's conversation w/his friend

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
This is a little long, so bare with me :) Dh's friend came over today and we haven't seen him for a while. *A little background info* This guy, ''Dave'' has locs and he's on this whole ''natural is better, relaxers are poison'' kick. He made his girlfriend ''Hannah'' cut off her hair and go natural. Him and Hannah have no clue how to take care of their hair. Hannah, after 2 years, STILL has a TWA, and it's dry as hell. The last time I saw Dave, his locs were a little above SL, a year and a half later, they're SL :ohwell:

So anywho, Dave and dh were out on the porch talking. Me, being the nosey thing I am, eavesdropped a lil bit :giggle: Here's how their convo went

Dh-Hey man, what's those flakes in your head?

Dave-Oh, IDK. I guess it's dandruff or something

Dh-What do you put in it?

Dave-I wash it with shampoo and grease my roots

Dh-You should use a conditioner after you shampoo, shampoo dries your hair out. So does grease. You shouldn't put grease on your head

Dave-Well my hair's been growing fast ( :huh: ) because I cut it

Dh-Cutting your hair doesn't make it grow

Dave-It works for me

Dh-Hair is dead. It doesn't feel anything. How does the hair comin out your head know when you cut it? That don't make any sense. Cuttin hair doesn't make it grow. If it did, all black people would have hair to their a**es

Dave-......

Dh-Tiffani knows a lot about hair, she looks up stuff all the time

Dave-Well, she puts that poison in her hair. Hannah's hair is beautiful and curly

Dh-.......

Dave-What???

Dh-Well, Hannah's hair looks kinda dry, bruh

Dave-That's because her hair is natural

Dh-Just cause her hair is natural doesn't mean it has to be dry. Look at me and my daughters' hair. And anyway, it doesn't matter if you relax your hair. It's how you take care of it AFTERWARDS that matters. Just because someone's hair is relaxed doesn't mean it's unhealthy. And just because someone's hair is natural doesn't mean their hair is healthy. Tiff's hair is healthy than a mug, it blows in the wind and hair doesn't come out when she combs it. You have to condition your hair and moisturize it every day

Dave-Moisturize??? I don't know what that is. And I have locs, I don't need to do that.

Dh- *smacks lips* Fool, EVERYONE has to moisurize. Just cause your hair's in locs doesn't mean you can neglect it. Look at how much Tiffani's hair has grown

Dave-Yeah, it did get long

Dh-You can go in there right now, and she'll tell you how to make your hair shinier, healthier, get it to grow faster and look better

Dave-.......

The conversation changed to football after that, but I was SO proud of my dh! He actually listens to me when I go on and on and on and on and on about hair! :lol: I love my man :love2:

myronnie

Dh- *smacks lips* Fool, EVERYONE has to moisurize. Just cause your hair's in locs doesn't mean you can neglect it. Look at how much Tiffani's hair has grown

LOL that made me laugh out loud right there!!!
I like how your husband handled that he sounds really cool! I hope i find some1 that understands hair like him! which is rare

Xavier

Man you taught your husband well. He knows more about hair than a lot of women I know. Are you sure he's not a member here?:look:

tasty0619

awww thats so sweet, i just hope i can find a man who listens and isn't afraid to spread the message like you guys' hubbies :clap:

tiffers

Man you taught your husband well. He knows more about hair than a lot of women I know. Are you sure he's not a member here?:look:

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

He might as well be, as much as I talk about the board! When he comes home from work, he asks ''What's new on the board today?'' :rofl:

gymfreak336

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

He might as well be, as much as I talk about the board! When he comes home from work, he asks ''What's new on the board today?'' :rofl:

:lachen: Yours too huh? My So looked up my vitamin guide, printed it out and highlighted what he wanted me to buy him

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
This story made me smile from ear to ear! I love that your DH was droppin' the serious knowledge. You done "learnt" him well, Tiff.

By the way: did Dave ever ask you for advice, or was he too proud?

amara11

That is just the sweetest cutest thing!!! o my gosh, he really listens and has paid attention!

smh- awesome!

Tamrin

unapologetic
Tiffers that is so cool how your DH handled that. I have come to realize the men do listen even when we think they are not. SO tell his co-workers, aunts and cousins about my hair stuff. He tells them about moisture, protective styles and no heat and Deep conditioners and co wash. I think it so cute.

Girl you trained him well. I suspect he is lurking. LOL

tiffers

This story made me smile from ear to ear! I love that your DH was droppin' the serious knowledge. You done "learnt" him well, Tiff.

By the way: did Dave ever ask you for advice, or was he too proud?

Girl, naw he didn't ask :rolleyes:

bravenewgirl87

:nono::nono::nono:

i don't appreciate your husband dropping FREE knowledge. Five dollahs just like errrrbody else.

What we look like, Free Huur Clinic?:ohwell::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Angelicus

OMG! :shocked: Your husband is an expert! I love this thread!

My SO had me looking like this: :huh: when he told me that he used to have problem free hair until he stopped spraying his hair with Infusium23. He went to the store, purchased it and started dousing his hair and scalp with it. Smart guy.

Lady Esquire

Tiff, that made me LAUGH OUT LOUD. :lol:

That poison in your hair made it grow long. :rolleyes: I love how you had the (....) for dead *** silence. :rofl:

Oh my....thanks for the laugh!