My Keracare Re-trial review

beana3

I tried the humecto again and I really like it! The first time i tried it i had a horrible experience. This time i noticed intense moisture (this is really a profound moisture treatment) and a good amount of slip.

Thanks to one of the wonderful ladies on this board i was able to try it without the financial commitment (this stuff is expensive
wink.gif
) I was looking for a salon quality moisturizing condit and i have found it. This stuff is off the hook in terms of moisture retention!

I also tried the shampoo last night, and its performance is identical to my beloved Elasta Creme conditioning shamp. My elasta costs a fraction of the price and is sulfate free, and cleans exceptionally well.

After a few more treatments with the humecto (i'm on Tracy's moist,moist, protein routine) I will decide if I will treat myself to the 5lb tub.

Just wanted to share my experience with others!

Hi Beana!

I'm glad it worked for you! Did you use the Humecto with heat and how long did you leave it in your hair?

I find that the Humecto works better on my hair after its been freshly relaxed but a few weeks leading up to my retouch it stops working and I have to use something else.
tongue.gif

thanks for hearing me out, lol!

pooh i used the humecto exactly as directed, for about 25 mins without heat and a plastic cap. The shower was really steamy so maybe that helped it penetrate better. I'm mid-cycle with my relaxer, its been 5 weeks since my last retouch. My new growth starts to really act up around weeks6,7,8 so i'll test its effectiveness then. thanks for the heads up.

I plan on purchasing a heat cap later this month inhopes that it will somehow assist me in strecthing my touchups further apart.

beana,

Try the Humecto with heat under a plastic cap for 15-25 minutes. It has worked well for me this way. I use it under a hooded dryer. A heat cap will probably give similar results.

Has the moisture/moisture/protein rotation been working well?

Miali: thanks for the heat usage suggestions. So far Tracy's routine has worked wonders... I had some hesitations at first, mainly because i only wash my hair 1x a week. I alternate the strength of my proetin treatments, the 1st protein (week 3) will be very mild (Profectiv growth masque) and the second (week 6) will be intense, like aphogee or emergencee. This is the exact balance i need, esp since the weather is colder.

Hey,

That's great. Now, this is one product line that I actually see the benefits of using the shampoo and conditioner as a set. The shampoo contains carboxylic acid which is able to bind protein. The shampoo also has hydrolyzed wheat protein. (so this is the protein that the carboxylic acid is binding to the hair). Then, since the hair has the protein(from the shampoo) it will accept and retain moisture much better
smile.gif

Have fun with the Keracare. They are a good brand! One of my many...

Couldn't agree with you more Supergirl!

I rotate the Keracare shampoo and conditioner with my Nexxus Shampoo and conditioners into my regimen.

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
Hey,

That's great. Now, this is one product line that I actually see the benefits of using the shampoo and conditioner as a set. The shampoo contains carboxylic acid which is able to bind protein. The shampoo also has hydrolyzed wheat protein. (so this is the protein that the carboxylic acid is binding to the hair). Then, since the hair has the protein(from the shampoo) it will accept and retain moisture much better
smile.gif

Have fun with the Keracare. They are a good brand! One of my many...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, the verdict is final.. my hair is in love with this stuff!! The slip i felt today was amazing! The 5lb tub is definetely on my list. I'm 6 or 7 weeks post relaxer and my hair is soo manageable right now its ridiculous.

[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
Someone tell me about the mositure, mositure protein routine from Tracy, please
smile.gif
How could I have missed this
whyme.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ms kenesha, I bumped up the post for you where Tracy details it (cause I said the same thing
laugh.gif
). It's the Paging Tracy (Question on routine) thread.

HTH,
OE

I dont know why...but I really dont like keracare's humecto...I tried it 3 times...and I get no moisture...when I rinse it out..it doesnt even feel like I had conditioner in...maybe im not applying it to my hair right...my hair is natural..so I dont know if that plays a major factor also...but Im glad it works well on the rest of you..I just wish I had the same results.

mwilson i have been in your boat more than i'd like to remember. I've tried heavily rec'd products that did absolutely nothing for my hair. You're right, its all about trial and error, you WILL find the miracle products for your hair.

Back