Humecto in the Tub

dillard

I always hear that the Humecto "in the tub" is the one to get. But when buying it online, how do I know if it's in the tub or not? Do I go by the picture, or by the size? Because I always see a picture of a bottle. But it comes in 3 sizes 8oz. 16oz. and 5lb. Is the 5lb one always in the tub? And do I really want to order 5 lbs of this stuff??!

I just allowed myself to get sucked in and bought the tub even though I haven't even dented the bottle. The tub is the 5pounder. I picked up mine at a cosmo-prof store for $26.50. If you know you will be using this much, like it's your staple moisturizing con, I'd say go for it. But if you're like me and have just bought up every raved about product on the board, I'd say:nono:. Wish someone had told me to stop it! Of course I have not used it yet so I don't know if all the raves are true. But I have it here:look:.

Last edited:
I always hear that the Humecto "in the tub" is the one to get. But when buying it online, how do I know if it's in the tub or not? Do I go by the picture, or by the size? Because I always see a picture of a bottle. But it comes in 3 sizes 8oz. 16oz. and 5lb. Is the 5lb one always in the tub? And do I really want to order 5 lbs of this stuff??!

Yes, the 5lb is the "tub" that so many ladies on here speak a/b. You might want to request a sample of the "tub" Humecto (on the product exchange board) before commiting to all that product. I tried the one in the bottle and had to give it away to my sister, and I am sooo glad I didn't drop $40 on a tub of stuff that my hair hated w/a fiery passion :perplexed

The consistency of the humecto in the tub tends to be thicker than the bottle for some reason. I have the tub and I have used the bottle in the past. You pretty much know it's the tub by the size that you order it in.

I almost bought this size, but my styist assured me that the stuff in the bottle and stuff in the larger size is exactly the same; unless that particular tub you are getting is old (making it a bit thicker). But the formulation is the same.

It would be nice if they made a mask or something, that conditioner is one of my favorites but it is so thin!

thanx for the replies y'all. i think i will try the product exchange board before committing to a 5lb-er! I really wish they had a thicker DC for real because I love their shampoo so much (I never knew my hair could feel like that :lachen:) and I like to use the same brand, atleast for poo and con. ah, decisions decisions...

I almost bought this size, but my styist assured me that the stuff in the bottle and stuff in the larger size is exactly the same; unless that particular tub you are getting is old (making it a bit thicker). But the formulation is the same.

It would be nice if they made a mask or something, that conditioner is one of my favorites but it is so thin!

Sorry, but I think that your stylist may have have been a little....uninformed:look:. The formula that they use in the tub is much thicker. It has always been. I think they might add something to thin out the formula to make it easier to put in the bottles. I have noticed that with other products too. For example, Carmex in the tube is much thinner than the formula in the little jar. The formula in the tube dries out my lips for some reason, while the jar has the opposite effect.

I'm just saying that I have tried both, and trust me, there is a difference.

Yeah I agree, with the previous poster I think your stylist may have been misinformed. Maybe they have the same ingredients but the tub is say more concentrated that the bottle.
The tub IS like a mask, in fact its one of the thickest conditioners I have ever used and i lurve thick conditioners. I have recently stopped towel drying my hair as much when I put in it because its hard to spread straight out the tub. I think if you put the 5lb cond in a bottle it would be pretty hard to get it to "pour" into your hands...it doesn't really pour...it reminds me almost of the consistency of a relaxer (i actually slather it on similar to a relaxer).

Back